hinata shoyo

•𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚎 : 𝚙𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎•
------------------

Hinata never understood how a person can love another person. Growing up he would hear stories about a princess calling for a handsome prince with a cliche ending. Though, in real life, most of the time people don't have happy endings yet they seemed to enjoy themselves. His mother always told him not to focus on love but focus on something that made his heart skip a beat.

Volleyball.

Ever since the first time he held a ball, Hinata knew it was something he'd want. The feeling of the ball made the tips of his fingers tingle and the stinging sensation on his hand after smacking the leather made him go crazy. The redness on his tender skin showed him achievements that he dreamed of. The first volleyball he ever got was (I know this is incorrect) when he 9 years old. It was a bit smaller than a normal sized ball but still worked as great. Hinata still remembers the beautiful blue strips hat curved around it and the feeling when he first spiked it over his hand made net (two brooms that had a small blanket attached). It was fate.

After years of watching and playing, Hinata continued to fall deeper in his passion about the sport. His height never got in the way when he was on the court. All he needed was his speed and team to win the game.

Or so he thought.

Hinata remembered as if it was the day before when he met an interesting man named (Y/n). He had a match against the rival Nekoma High with high hopes of beating them, though he did get sick once or twice when the first arrived at the school. Thanks to Tsukishima's help. Running to the nearest bathroom, Hinata held his arms over his stomach as he grumbled with anxiety and nausea. He normal routine of locking the bathroom door and cleaning himself up happened a bit faster that time since it would happen every match. Washing his hands, Hinata unlocked the door but heard a few voices coming from down the hallway.

"You're late, (L/n)."

"Yeah, i know but i'm here now. The match hasn't even started so don't worry."

The voice was deep and seemed to have a nice silk vibe. The footsteps seemed to get louder so Hinata took the chance to peek out from the bathroom and seen a tall male with (h/c) hair stand next to the Nekoma's volleyball team couch with a small smirk on his face. He wore the same red track uniform that belonged to the rivals with the number #10 on his chest. The height of the mysterious male seemed to imitate Hinata a bit since he could feel the anxiety in his chest expand. Hinata noticed how close the two were getting to the bathroom and quickly stepped out, not wanting to seem like a creep peeking. He straightened out his jersey but time seemed to slow down. When his eyes adverted up, they met a pretty color (e/c) walking by. They stared right back at his chocolate brown eyes with interest. The tall volleyball player rose his eyebrow as he continued to walk but gave Hinata a small smirk before turning away with his hands into his pockets. The sound of footsteps softened til the point Hinata was standing in the hallways with complete silence.

(L/n)..

They lost that game, 18-25 (I can't remember exactly how many points until the game is officially over, my apologies). In the beginning of the match Karasuno was doing fairly well. They were able to lead five points ahead with Kageyama's toss and Hinata's spike. Quickly running to the other side of the court, Hinata surprised the Nekoma team with a high jump and powerful slam. It took the opposing team by surprise and the small crowd in the stadiums. Hinata took that chance to look down at the hand that slapped the ball over the net. He saw the same redness slowly brightening up and felt the tingling creep around his finger tips. A smile creeped up to his lips while his hand clinched into a tight fist. Quickly his eyes looked up at the other teens and seen Kuroo-senpai whispering to the familiar male he saw in the hallway.