Chapter 2

They failed their mission that they been working for six months. They failed to save Minho. They did rescue Aris and his friends, and other WICKED subjects, but they didn't rescue the main person. Minho.

Thomas had called the gathering to talk about what to do next.
"Where were you guys going, Aris?" Thomas asked.

"I don't know." Aris replied. "But I heard that we were heading to a city."

Jorge added in, "He's talking about the Lost City."
Everyone looked at him.
"You know where the Lost City is?" Thomas asked again.

"It's been quite long since I been there," He began, "but nothing much should have changed."

"Great," Thomas spoke, "We can go back and-"

"We are not going back there." Vince stated.

Thomas snapped, "What are you saying? We need to save Minho!"

"Look," Vince began, "we aren't gonna lose anymore people. It took exactly six months to plan this rescue plan out and we almost failed. We are not gonna risk ourselves because of one person!"

"I promised Minho that I'll rescue him!"

"We can't rescue everyone, Thomas! I lost Mary and you were there to see her get shot! You need to let him go!"

Thomas fumed, "I lost someone too! I lost-"

"Your not thinking about that betrayer are you." Brenda stated.

Thomas lost his words. Everybody waited for his answer. Newt asked, "Tommy, why can't you answer?"

Thomas stayed silent. Y/n's fist clenched together. She hated when people brought up Teresa. Her best friend. She felt broken and betrayed because she never knew that Teresa would do such thing.

"You lied to me!" Newt yelled as he grabbed Thomas's collar and he shoved him to the wall. "You freaking lied to me, Tommy!"

Y/n exclaimed, "Newt, let go of him!"
Newt loosen his grip and looked toward her e/c eyes. He look at everyone's shocked face and the only thing he said was, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Tommy."

Then, Newt walked out. Y/n sighed as she walked over to Brenda. "So, what's your plan, Y/n? You're just gonna let go of your BEST friend Minho?" Brenda asked.

"Of course not. I'll never let him go like that. I'm not a betrayer and I keep promises." Y/n replied.

"Unlike-"

"Don't talk about her." Y/n snapped.
Brenda looked at her with a surprised face. She never snapped at anyone before unless someone made her mad.
"Sorry." Y/n mumbled and left the room.
She wanted to feel Newt's embrace or a tiny peck on her soft lips. She stopped when she saw Newt and Thomas having a conversation.

Newt sighed, "I guess I can't hide this anymore."
He pulled up his right arm sleeve and revealed his crank arm. Y/n put her hand over her mouth, so Newt wouldn't hear her gasp. Newt...was gonna turn into a crank.

Thomas sat next to Newt and said, "You are gonna tell Y/n right???" No response came from Newt. He took a deep breath and replied, "No."

"But, you promised her back in the Glade-"

"Don't talk about promises that I made with her back there." Newt snapped. "Sorry, Tommy. After I got this Flare, I happen to outburst a lot."

"You will tell her right?" Thomas continued.

"No." A tear escaped from her eye.

"Why?" He asked.

Newt avoided eye contact with him and he looked at the sunset.
"Tommy, please keep this a secret from her."

"Don't tell me that your going to-"

"Yes, Tommy. I'm gonna break up with her."

Those words stabbed Y/n in the heart. Her heart shattered into pieces. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she backed away.

I'm gonna break up with her, Tommy.

She backed away from the scene and ran to the shore. She let it all out. She wailed like a mother lost her child. She cried and cried.

"Why him! Why did he get the flare! Why! Out of all those people!" Y/n screamed.
She collasped to her knees and cried silently.

"Why, Newt? Why are you breaking up with me?!"