Chapter 5

Y/n couldn't sleep at all. Her eyes were bright red and she kept replaying the scene when Newt her those promises.

"It doesn't matter now."

That sentence haunted her the most. How could he just say that in front of her? Why would he make those promises that he wouldn't even keep? Her heart was shattered and she couldn't smile anymore. She felt like a moron. She loved him so much.

Morning came along and Y/n had black bags under her eyes. She also noticed that Newt has bags under his eyes too. Newt regretted saying to Y/n to break up with him, but it was for her protection. The Flare was controlling him. Gally was telling everyone their plan. Thomas and himself will go in the city to capture Teresa, so she can remove the tracker that is in their body. Then, WICKED can't track them when they enter the city. Everyone agreed as Thomas and Gally started to go.

Brenda noticed that Y/n and Newt had a serious break up. She also saw that Y/n was very depressed and upset. Brenda didn't like when her friends are in depression. She walked up to Newt and slapped him. Newt looked at her confused.

"You b*tch! You know how much she loves you!" She demanded.
Newt stayed silent. He deserved this.
"Your not replying shuckface?!" Brenda snapped. "You don't deserve her!"

"That's why I broke up with her!" Newt yelled. His Flare was starting.

"You shucking PROMISED her that you'll love her till your LAST BREATH!" Brenda yelled back.
People looked at Newt and Brenda to see was going on. Y/n were one of those people.

"HOW CAN U-"

"BRENDA STOP!" Y/n screamed as she grabbed Brenda's wrist.Tears dripped down her cheeks."Please." Brenda took a deep breath as she glared at Newt.

"You don't deserve a guy like him, Y/n. He's a total jerk." Brenda left.

Everybody started to whisper as Y/n wiped her cheeks. Her hand went through her hair as she sighed.
"I'll apologize for Brenda." She muttered.

Then, she left. Newt just looked down on his feet. He heard a painful scream.

"Thomas, pull the cover off." Gally ordered.

Newt ran toward them as he saw Teresa. Y/n's fist clenched together as she saw her old best friend.

"Y/n, talk to her. Tell her why she's here." Gally broke the silence.

Y/n smirked as she walked toward Teresa who was tied to the chair. "Hey, buddy." Y/n spoke as she walked toward her.

Teresa hesitated to lift up her head. She was afraid to look into her dull eyes. "You are going to help us get into the WICKED headquaters to save Minho, Teresa." Y/n continued.

Teresa began, "You know that they will be able to track you right?" She looked at Thomas.

"Don't look at him and look at her." Gally demanded as he pulled his chair over to block Thomas's face.

"What are you going to do after that?" Teresa asked.

"Your gonna have to open the doors for us." Thomas replied.

"Or we can cut her thumb off." Gally added in.

Y/n gave him a death glare as Gally backed off.

"Then," Y/n smirked, "should we start to remove the trackers, Teresa?"