Chapter 8

After they have found Minho, they quickly ran into a room and locked the door, so Janson couldn't get in. "What should we do, Thomas." Minho asked.
Thomas looked around the room as he heard something banging behind the locked door. He looked at one of the tank and then to the glass window.

"I got a plan." Thomas said. Y/n was terrified at his idea. Throwing the tank at the glass window and jump after that. Y/n squeezed Newt's hand as they watched Minho and Thomas throwing the tank.

"Love," Newt whispered in her ear, "let's jump together." Y/n nodded as she heard a loud splash when Minho and Thomas jumped off.

"On the count of three. One, two.." Newt said.

The door slammed open as Newt yelled the number three. They jumped off the building and Y/n could feel the water hit her skin. Newt pulled her close as they swimmed to surface.

"Hands up!" The WICKED guard yelled.
Three guards pointed their guns at them. Y/n thought they were doomed, but one guard shot the other two guards. He removed his mask and it was Gally. Gally came for the rescue.

"Come on shanks. We gotta go." Gally ordered.

"Gally?" Minho looked in disbelief.

"Long story. Let's-"

Newt collasped to the floor and started to cough up blood.

"Newt!" Y/n yelled.

He was coughing uncontrollably. His whole body was shaking and Y/n knew that his flare was starting. She could see his pain in his chocolate brown eyes.
Y/n put his head on her lap as she wiped his blood that was coming from his mouth.

"When was he like this?" Minho whispered.

"While you were gone." Thomas mumbled. Y/n's eyes started to get watery. She couldn't lose him.

"We need the serum!" Y/n yelled.

"Are you crazy!" Gally yelled back. "We are not going back in there."

"I am not letting him become into a crank!" Y/n cried.

Thomas agreed, "I'll go back there and get the serum. You guys go back to Jorge and the others."

He started to run toward the building as Minho helped Y/n carry Newt. He couldn't walk because he was too weak. The Flare started to control his body. Fire was everywhere and dead bodies was scattered all over the floor. Newt collasped. "I....go...leave without me." Newt croaked.

Y/n shook her head. "Not without you, Newt. Never in a million years." Y/n said. "Minho, Gally, go and bring Jorge and the others here with a vehicle."
They followed her order and she saw them disappear. Y/n put his hand around her shoulder and continued to walk. Newt kept collapsing with Y/n.
"Come on, Newton. Almost there." Y/n cried.

Newt collapsed and Y/n cried to get back up again. "Newt, please. A little bit more." Y/n pleaded.

Newt croaked, "Leave me here and go, love. I can feel...the Flare working inside me."

Y/n shook her head and kept saying to get up. "Y/n," The speaker began. The voice belonged to Teresa's.

"Y/n," Teresa spoke, "I know your out there. You need to listen to me no matter what."

Y/n stood up and looked at the screen.
"Y/n, I did some experiment on your blood and the result is great. Y/n, your the cure. Your blood is the cure for the Flare!"

Y/n stared at disbelief. She was the cure to the deadly disease. She can cure Newt. She turned around and saw Newt stand up.

"Newt?" Y/n called.

No answer.

"Love?" She called again.

He turned around and looked at her.

His eyes were dull and his blood veins were visible.

Blood was coming out of his mouth.

Y/n didn't see Newt anymore.

She saw a bloody crank.