Chapter 4

Her eyes fluttered opened and the first person that she saw was Newt. Her head was on his lap as she saw his face sleeping. Y/n carefully sat up as she rubbed her arm. "How are you feeling?" Brenda whispered.

"Fine, but dizzy." Y/n replied.
Her eyes looked toward Newt.

"He was awake all night yesterday nursing you. He was really worried."

Y/n sighed and pulled her sleeve up and saw that there was no bite marks. She was confused. She was positive that a crank bite her arm. "It healed by itself." Brenda replied as if she read her mind.

"That's," Y/n whispered, "impossible..."

"I know." Brenda spoke.

Newt groaned as he rubbed his arm. He felt horrible inside because the Flare was starting inside him. He saw Y/n awake and saw her smile. "How are you feeling, love?" He whispered in her ear.

"Feeling better." She pecked his lips.

"We're here! You might want to see how the Lost City looks like!" Jorge shouted.
Everybody rushed out of the trunk. The city was enormous and there was a wall surrounding the city.

"It's been three years since we tried to get out of there and now, we want to break back in." Newt spoke. "Alright, I'll get a shotgun."

They saw crowds of people screaming to let them in. Y/n continued to notice that Newt kept rubbing his arm. In a blink of an eye, he disappeared. She walked around yelling his name. Then, there was silence. The machines were moving. The machines started shooting at the people to make them back off.
Y/n ran toward Thomas and the others. While she was running, a group of people wearing a mask grabbed her, Brenda, and Thomas. They forced to go in the van.

"Let go of ME!" Y/n screamed.

She kicked, but gave up later. They could only hear the van moving. All she was thinking was how they're going to escape. Then, van finally stopped moving and they were pushed out.

"Where is she! WHERE IS Y/N!" Newt yelled as he kept punching the guard.
Thomas and Y/n rushed over to Newt to make him stop.

"Newt, I'm here. I'm alright." Y/n whispered.

He stopped and gave her a long, warm hug. Y/n saw tears in his eyes. Newt was worried of losing her. "Who are you? Why did you bring us here?" Thomas spoke.

The leader took off his mask and revealed his face. Y/n's eyes was becoming teary. She felt hate when she saw that he was alive. Gally.

"I'm-"

Y/n tackled him and started punching him. He killed her best friend. He killed Chuck! Thomas and Newt rushed over and pulled over Y/n.

"LET GO OF ME! HE KILLED CHUCK!"
Y/n yelled!

"Love, I need you to calm down." Newt spoke. "You're not like this. Y/n, you need to calm down."

"That's was some decent punch. Anyone else? Newt? Frypan? Thomas?" Gally replied as he touched his jaw. Thomas glared at him.

"How are you still alive?" asked Frypan.
"You died."

"No. You guys left me there to die," Gally said. "and my boss saved me.

They had a long conversation and took awhile for Y/n to calm down. Thomas talked to Gally's boss about their plan. Thomas and his boss made a deal that if they showed Thomas how to get beyond the walls, Thomas would have to let his people to go in the city for revenge. They were provided food, shelter, and extra cloths. Y/n was on the top of the building looking at the night sky.

"Y/n," She heard a familiar british accent, "I need to talk to you."

"Hey, Newt." She smiled. Newt didn't smile back. Y/n knew what he was about to say, but she decided to go with the flow.

"Lets," Newt begun, "break up."
There was silence between them. Tears formed in her eyes as she smiled.

"Why? Because you have the Flare?" She replied as a tear escaped from her eyes. Newt looked at her.

"How did you know that I had the Flare." Newt whispered.

"Does that matter, Newt? Just because you have the Flare, my love for you doesn't change."

"I'm gonna hurt you. I'm afraid that I will. That's why staying away from you as far as possible is a good idea."

"Did you hurt me at all, Newt?" Y/n continued. "You didn't! You-"

"Y/n!" Newt bursted. "Look, I get angry over little things now. I can hurt you easily." Newt stood up and he began to walk away. Tears finally rolled down his cheeks. Someone hugged him from the back.

"Let-"

"You promised, Newt." Y/n sobbed. "You promised that you'll love me till your last breath. You promised, Newt."

Newt took a deep breath. "It doesn't matter now." He whispered and left her there alone.

She collasped to the ground and cried. Newt headed toward the others.

"How'd it go?" Thomas whispered.

"Tommy," Newt cried.

"I hurt her badly."