8

"Ke-e-e-ith!" Lance yelped as Keith speed rolled him out of his hospital room, practically running to check him out of the hospital. "If you don't remember- woaah-" They turned the corner- "I am injur-e-ed!" 
"Oh, I remember!" Keith skid to a halt, grabbing the chair and slowing it down in front of reception.  "I'm here to check out Lance McClain."
"Right." The lady behind the desk was the same one, Keith noticed, who showed him to Lance's room. She eyed them both, then grinned, flipping through her papers. "Sign here." She turned to Lance. "Boy, are you lucky to have a friend like this one.  Practically worried to death here yesterday waiting for you.  You should have seen him pacing, woo! You don't see many teenage boys get so emotional anymore." She winked, and Lance grinned back. "You were worried, Mullet?"
"Yeah, worried I wouldn't get my pay for tutoring you if you were stuck here, McClain." Keith finished initialing the papers and smiled at the lady. "Thank you." Then he spun the wheelchair and pushed his friend out the door.  "What are we going to tell the people at school?" Lance pondered, leaning his head on his arm. "Why not the truth, and get those bastards expelled?" Keith replied snarkily. "No! I don't want to involve them. Plus, there isn't much left to do to me now that I'm in a wheelchair, right?" 
"They could push you down a hill."
"Yikes." Lance winced. "Thanks, Keith."
"That's what I'm here for." Keith rolled him up to his car, helping him into the passengers seat and folding the chair inside the trunk.  "Let's go home, yeah?"
"Okay. I called my mom and told her that I was going to stay at a friends for a while, and she got Alexi to get a break and take care of the kids." Lance glanced back at Keith, who nodded, his eyes on the road. "Good." After a minute, Lance started humming, tapping his fingers on the arm of the seat. "Don't you ever stay quiet?" Keith shot playfully at him. Lance shook his head confidently. "Quiet makes me uneasy. All the worst things happen in quiet.  Plus, I hate it. My family is super loud, we rarely have any quiet. It's crazy, but it's home." Keith pondered this. "I rarely get any noise at home. I wouldn't know how to react if I was around so many people, honestly.  I would be super awkward. Anyway, we're here. Cmon, let's get you out." Keith parked the car in front of a small, white house, the roof drooping almost to the ground in the back. "How do you live alone?" Lance asked as he forced his chair up the stairs and through the door, Keith behind him. "I've never lived with anyone before. I don't know how else to live."  
"Never?"
"Except my dad, who left when I was two, no."
"Wow."  The inside of the house was nice, not cold at all, but small.  Keith had a living room with a comfortable couch and a TV, and a small kitchen with a round table.  He had a single bathroom and two bedrooms, one his and one for a guest.  The colors were warming, which Lance loved. Almost no greys and whites, but more reds and oranges decorated the walls and shelves. "This is my room." Keith kicked open the door and rolled Lance in. The bed was plain black, but the wall behind it was coated in sketches, colored drawings, and paintings. The ceiling was dotted with glow in the dark stars, which was cute, and he had a small table with a record player on it, and a stack of records. On the other side was a desk and a bookshelf, covering almost the whole wall and filled to the brim with books. Lanced gaped. "You read all those?"  Keith scoffed. "Of course not." He picked up a small book on the top. "I just got this one. I haven't had a chance to read it yet." Lance let out a breath, still in awe of the shelf, and blinked.  "Uh- nice room." He wheeled over to the records and read the first one while Keith sat on his bed. "HA! I knew it!"
"What?" The blue eyed boy picked up a record and waved it in the air. "MCR." He snorted. 
"Shut up. They're good!" Keith protested. "What, d'you cry when they broke up?" The other boy teased. "Well... ugh!" Keith flashed his deep purple eyes at Lance and put the record back on the stack, trying not to laugh.  Lance smirked and wheeled out of the room. "So, mullet, care to show me where I'll be staying?" Keith's face reddened and he followed Lance out to show him his room.  The door across the hall swung open, and Lance blinked. "Well, you really prepared, didn't you?"

The room was filled.  Posters hung on pale blue walls over his crisp, white bed.  There was a bookshelf in this room, too, but this one was covered in CDs and had a cd player and a speaker. A colorful, soft rug spread across the floor, and a few paintings decorated the wall opposite the bed.  Picture frames finished the room nicely.  Keith shifted. "I didn't know what you liked."