O N E

Skylar

^ughh this pic of Jack is soo hot oml

RINNNGGGGG

Oh thank god 4th period's over. Ugh, Chemistry never ever makes sense.

I packed my backpack up and stood up from my desk.

"Hey Skylar, wait up!"

"Oh hey Brandon, um what's up?"

What the, since when does he talk to me??

Oh sorry.

Brandon Ross: captain of the basketball team, super attractive, charming, dumb, and a player. Oh, not just a basketball player. A PLAYER.

"What are you doing after school?" He asked with his stupid charming smile.

"You mean like right now?"

"Yeah." He smirked.

"Uhm. I'm not sure. Do you have something in mind?" I asked.

The hell. Since when does he care.

"Wanna hangout? Maybe get some coffee, smoothies or ice cream?" He asked getting closer to me.

"Sorry I'm busy Brandon." I said as I slid past him and walked out of the classroom.

"C'mon Skylar!" He shouted catching up to me. "It'll be my treat. I just wanna get to know you better."

Finally I made it to my locker.

"Brandon. Really?" I said while unlocking it. "We've known each other for over 4 years. Why now?" I asked as I grabbed a few folders and put it in my backpack.

"Well. I heard about Cameron. I'm really sorry about that, he's a dick. He shouldn't have cheated on you with whatever that girls name is."

Well thanks for making me think about that again. Love that.

I shut my locker and turned around. 

Oh wow. I didn't realize how close Brandon was to me. I'm trapped. He's leaning against the left side of my locker towering me, and not to help, the right side of my locker is this giant ass wall. He was not going to let me leave if I didn't say yes.

"You know what, whatever."

"So a yes?" He smirked.

"Yes. Just this once! No funny business allowed okay?"

"Woo!" He puts his fist into the air. "And okay no funny buisness." He puts his hands up defending himself.

"Let's go then." I said, then he moved so I wasn't trapped anymore.

"Where are we going sugar?" He puts his arm around me.

"Jamba Juice."

•●•●•

"So what are you planning to do after Limelight High?" He asked as he was making a right turn.

"I'm hoping to get into a good medical school. How about you Brandon?"

"Well I already got a scholarship to USC for basketball so there's that."

"Really! Dang that's amazing!"

I guess he isn't that dumb.

"Yeah, it's not a full scholarship though since I didn't have a gpa higher than a 3.0."

Nevermind I take that back.

"Well any scholarship is amazing!"

"Yeah." He chuckled as he pulled into the parking lot and parked in front of Jamba Juice.

"Aaand you made it alive!" He said jokingly and I laughed.

I started to grab the door handle to get out until...

"Wait, hold on." He said and got out of his side. 

He went over to my side just to open and close the door for me.

"How chivalrous." I giggled.

"Yeah, I know." He said scratching his arm.

Maybe he isn't the guy I thought he really is. He doesn't seem like a player, but maybe I just haven't seen that side of him yet.

We walked towards Jamba Juice's door and he opened the door for me... again.

"Hi! Welcome to Jamba Juice, what can I get you cuties?" Asks the Cash Reigsiter Lady who might be in her late 40's.

"I'll have a Medium Pink Star." I said.

"Sure thing!" She said and turned her head towards Brandon.

"Uhm, I'll get what she's having. I mean it's gotta be good right, since this gorgeous gal is getting it." Brandon said winking at me.

Gag. 

What a flirt.

"Sure thing, you guys are such a cute couple! It'll be $12.56. What's your names?" She says.

"Oh, we aren.." I tried to say before Brandon cut me off.

"Thank you, it's Skylar and Brandon." He says as puts his arm around me and pays.

Wooooow. This guy.

We go and sit down at a table waiting for our drinks.

"So, how's..." He began to say leading into a little conversation.

•●•●•

"Skylar and Brandon! 2 Pink Stars!" A different employee yells putting the smoothies on the same counter we paid on.

"I'll get them sugar." Brandon says as he jumps off the chair.

Sugar... sugar sugar how did ya get so fly. Haha I'm so funny.

When he comes back with the drinks, he hands me mine, and then he takes a sip of his.

"OH MY GOD!! THIS IS AMAZING!" His dark blue eyes almost protruding out of his head.

"I know! I get it everytime!" I giggled.

"Ahh! I don't think I've ever been so in love with a drink!"

We both laugh.

"We should probably head out, shall we go to my house for a couple hours?" Brandon asked.

It was already 4pm and a school night, but I was suprisingly having fun so what's 2 more hours.

"Sure." I said smiling

We began leaving Jamba Juice and Brandon went first so he could open the door for me... again. When I began walking I heard a light clip clap sound, so I looked down at the ground and noticed that my right shoe was untied. My laces kept hitting the floor making that sound. I kept staring at it and walking until...

BAM

I rammed into someone causing me splash my drink all over. Luckily, Brandon was unaffected since he was on the other side of the door holding it for me.

2/13/18

edited: 7.25.18