F O U R T E E N

Jack

I had test in both of my last 2 periods of the day so I couldn't get to talk to Skylar. I'm hoping to find her before Brandon asks her. Fingers crossed.

"Jack!" Quinn shouted walking up to me.

"Hey Quinn! Have you seen Skylar?" I asked.

"Uhm... I think she's out in the parking lot." She said thinking.

"Thanks!" I shouted and ran out of the school and into the parking lot.

Okay where is she....

Okay look for a stunning girl who's wearing a white top and black jeans....

"Jack!!" Yelled a familiar voice from behind.

"Uh Zach, have you seen Skylar?" I asked.

"Uhm... no? I don't think so." He responded looking around.

"Hey guys!" Daniel said walking up to us.

"Dani! Have you seen Skylar?"

"Oh uh yeah. I saw her walking with Ryan Montgomery out of the school a few minutes ago." He replied.

That's one of Brandon's friends. Great. Just great.

"What's wrong?" They both asked.

"I need to find her before Brandon asks her to prom." I sighed.

"Jack... you know you can't ask her to prom, we went over this." Daniel said slowly.

"No, I know. I need to tell her something though."

"Is she wearing a white graphic tee with black ripped jeans with her hair lightly curled?" Zach asked.

Oh

"Uhh yes, do you see her?"

"Yeah she's over there with a tall blonde guy wearing white shirt and blue ripped denim jeans." He stated pointing over to them.

"Thank you! I'll catch up with y'all later!" I shouted and ran over in her direction.

Until.

"Skylar Lancaster, will you do me the honor of going to prom with me?"

Her black car was decorated with a bunch of things. Streamers, 'PROM?' written out with big letters, balloons and a lot more.

"I'd love to." She responded and gave Brandon a hug.

Everyone around cheered... except me.

How could she say yes?

I mean I know I can't take her, but.... Brandon???

I walked away, and drove home.

I isolated myself in my room. I didn't want to see anyone to talk to anyone.

God.

She shouldn't be going with him! He is just using her!

If I wasn't a singer. If I wasn't in a band. I'd be able to be with her and be able to do things with her.

No. No. No.

Don't think like that Jack.

KNOCK KNOCK