Chapter 9

After muttering apologizes to Jody, everyone packed up all the things for Layla and hightailed it back to the bunker. Sam and Dean made sure that the sigils were all in place before heading out to stock up on all the supplies that (Y/n) would need for the remainder of her pregnancy. They weren’t sure how far the bunkers protection extended and they couldn’t risk her stepping outside for a brief moment and getting attacked again.

“So now I’m a prisoner in my own home?” (Y/n) sighed sadly as she set on her bed. Cas set in a chair by her desk and Jack was perched on a storage bench at the foot of her bed.

“It’s for the best.” Cas explained. “We don’t even know the name of the angel that attacked you. (Y/n) sighed and looked down at the ground.

“And you all will start going into overdrive, trying to find the angel before he finds Layla and me.” (Y/n) pointed out.

“I won’t be.” Jack said with a smile. (Y/n) tried to smile at the young Nephilim, but she just couldn’t. Instead, she just played with his hair. Cas got out of the chair and walked to (Y/n). He knelt in front of her.

“There is nothing I wouldn’t do for you and your child.” Cas said. “Even if that means dying in battle to protect you.”

“She’s yours too.” (Y/n) explained. Cas looked at her. “Jack isn’t yours, but he’s your son. Layla isn’t yours, but as far as I’m concerned, you’re her dad.” Cas couldn’t stop the smile that spread on his face. He placed his hands on her belly and spoke softly.

“Hi Layla. My name is Castiel. And I already love you and I haven’t even met you.” (Y/n) played with his hair. Jack stayed at a distance but watched them.  (Y/n) noticed.

“You know Jack, if Cas is your dad and Layla’s dad, that makes you Layla’s brother.” Jack looked at (Y/n) then at Cas.

“I’m…Layala’s brother?” He asked. (Y/n) nodded. “I’m a big brother like Dean?”

“Yes sweetie, if you want to be.” Jack jumped up and hugged (Y/n) before speaking to her belly like Cas had done.

“Don’t worry Layla. I will study Dean and see how to be the best big brother.” Jack said. (Y/n) looked over at Cas and smiled.

“So, do I at least get to leave my room?” (Y/n) asked. Cas laughed a little.

“Of course,” He said. “Just not the bunker. It’s not exactly safe for you right now.” He thought for a second. “I wouldn’t go to the garage either. I don’t know how strong the protection is there.” (Y/n) sighed but accepted it. Only a couple more months. She rubbed her belly as she walked around.

She never thought she would miss the outdoors.

****

July was there before they knew it and (Y/n) was going stir crazy. She even got to the point that she was asking for pictures of trees and grass. It was getting quite stuffy inside and she had to force herself to stay inside the main bunker and not venture out into the garage or elsewhere. She remembered that Charlie couldn’t track their location up to five miles away from the bunker, but that would just give the angel looking for her an approximate location.

“Are you okay?” Sam asked, watching (Y/n) walk up and down the halls of the bunker with no destination in mind.

“I’m fine.” She sighed. “I just want to go outside.”

“You know you can’t.” Sam said. He had noticed how she normally hung around with Cas when he was there, and it made her a little happier, but a dark depression had overtaken her when he was gone and she couldn’t even go outside to smell the flowers in the garden.

“I don’t want Layla to be trapped her for all her life.” (Y/n) said, heading back to the library and taking a seat in a chair.

“And she won’t be.” Sam said, following her. (Y/n) looked at the calendar on the all. Layla would be joining them any day now and (Y/n) wasn’t sure if she would be able to handle it. Honestly, she wasn’t even sure if she was going to survive it. She wasn’t sure if Layla would be a baby, or if she would be a young adult like Jack. Would she open a rift between worlds? She had too many questions and not enough answers. Sam set across from her.

“(Y/n).” He said softly. She looked up at him. “It’s all going to be okay. Robert said he’ll be here in the next couple days unless we say we need him now. And you have all of us. It’s going to be okay.”

“I’m glad you believe that Sam.” (Y/n) said softly. “One of us needs to.”

“I know it will be okay.” Sam said. (Y/n) nodded and looked around the library, laughing some. “What?”

“We need a couch.” She said, changing the subject. But it worked because Sam laughed.

“How about I make us some lunch?” Sam asked. (Y/n) smiled at him.

“Something light. My belly is tight today.” She said, rubbing it. Sam frowned some. “And I keep getting this slight pain.”

“(Y/n)…” Sam said. (Y/n) closed her eyes, groaning a little. A bulb in the lamp not far from her exploded, glass and sparks going all over. Sam jumped. (Y/n) opened her eyes and looked at Sam.

“Did…did I…” She looked at the lamp. Sam grabbed his phone. “What ae you doing?”

“Calling Dean and Cas and telling them to get back here right now.” Sam said.

“What? Why? What’s going on?” (Y/n) asked, groaning some.

“I think you’re going into labor.” Sam said, calling Dean. He didn’t care if Dean got mad that he couldn’t get all his firecrackers or whatever. This was a little more important.

Layla was about to join them.