chapter 11

Kylie's POV:

we rushed into the ER the guys carrying Cameron's lifeless body.

I was still kind of in shock so jc led me behind the guys with his arm around me.

we went straight to the front desk and Connor stammered, "excuse me mam? my friend here he fell and he's unconscious and he hit his head and he's bleeding and..." the lady cut him off and said, "say no more sweetie let me call the nurses."

I'm just a few seconds nurses came rushing in with a gurney. they carefully placed Cameron on top and rushed him back into the urgent care center.

we followed closely behind and I listened to what the nurses were saying, "he's already lost a lot of blood, it's not looking good."

I squeezed jc's arm as tears ran down my cheeks. just as they got cam into a room a nurse came up to us and stopped us from entering.

"only family members and spouses are allowed beyond this point." he said.

I needed to be in there with him I had to I sighed and raised my hand saying, "I'm his girlfriend does that count?"

the guys all gave me shocked looks but I ignored them. as long and I was in there with Cameron I didn't care if I lied.

"I'm his brother!" nash lied.

"fine you two but that's it!" the nurse insisted.

we raced into the room only to see Cameron hooked up to a monitor a doctor examining his head.

"please sit sit!" the doctor insisted.

I took a seat next to the bed and nash sat next to me."

it was silent for a little bit. just the doctor looking over Cameron and having his assistant write down things that none of us understood.

finally nash asked, "well, is he going to be okay?"

the doctor looked over at us and replied, "look, it's not looking good. he has internal bleeding in his brain and if he makes it he will have permanent damage to his brain or just the functions of his muscles and ligaments."

he explained how they were performing a surgery to try to save him but there were no guarantees and we should expect the worst.

"I'll give you a couple minutes before the surgery to say your goodbyes." he said softly exiting the room.

nash went first, "hey cam. it's nash. look first off I just want to thank you for being the most amazing bestfriend I could ever ask for. you mean the world to me and I will never forget all the amazing experiences we've had together. you have inspired so many people to be who they want to be. including me. and no matter what, you will always be my brother. I love you man."

by then nash was balling his eyes out his head in his hands.

he took a step back and it was my turn.

I scooted my chair forward and took a deep breath, "hey. it's kylie. look Cameron I just want you to know that even though we haven't been friends for that long it feels like we have been friends forever. and honestly, you are the only person who I think really cares about me. you risked your life to save me. thank you so much. I just wish I could have more time with you. more time to make memories more time to be happy. more time to smile. I just want more time. I don't want to loose you. and I'm not saying goodbye. I'm saying see you later because you are strong. the strongest person I've ever known and I know you can get through this. please cam please don't let go. please stay here please don't go. please"

I tried to keep going but I couldn't do it. I was crying so much I couldn't control it.

nash leaned over and pulled me into a hug.

the doctors came into take Cameron to the surgery room and nash and I just sat there hugging and crying.

I closed my eyes and said a prayer, "please god, I know you can hear me. please don't let Cameron die. he is strong he can get through this. please god please. save him"