The Star And The Criminal

Andrews POV

Surprisingly, when I woke, I did not feel any pain.

I woke in an unfamiliar dark place. "Dustin?" I called softly. "Dustin!"

No answer.

"Dusty..." I whispered. I had lost him. The only thing that ever cared for me. I lost him.

There was a deep dark laugh. "You will not see him again." Came a voice.

"What's going on? Am I in hell? Is this hell?" I ask,

"No. This is neither heaven, nor hell, nor purgatory. We call this the blank space. You will not be here for very long."

"Why am I Here?!" I screech.

"Your punishment does not warrant hell, but you do not deserve heaven, nor do you deserve to reprimand yourself in purgatory. Instead, you get to be trapped in the over-world, stuck with a host." The man said again.

"Stuck.... but why...."

"I've already answered you." He said. "Your host has been picked."

As soon as those words were said, I felt a searing pain all over my body. I fell to my knees and coughed up blood. I looked at my hand to watch my nails begin o grow and get sharp and turn black. By tongue morphed to a split snake like thing and my muscles contorted beneath my skin. My hair stood straight before lying in a different way and I lay there panting, not sure what just happened.

Then I passed out once more.

••••••••••••••••••

When I woke again, I was in an unfamiliar place. A living room of sorts. I was on the floor, but I did not feel any pain, just like before.

It was silent. Dead silent.

I curled myself up in a ball on the couch and felt like crying. "Why....why this? Without Dustin? Why without Dustin....." I cried. I never thought I'd need another being more in my life. I was bitter. And I cried.

I cried untill I heard somebody in the house begin to come downstairs. I scrambled to hide, kicking the couch on my way to do so.

I hide under a table.

I hear a soft "What the fuck...." and the voice is familiar to me. Where have I heard that voice before?

He walks around for a while before taking his phone out to call somebody.

"Hey!" I hear him begin. "No no no, Listen. Where you just here?"

I almost choke. That's not-

"Well, I was recording upstairs. Are you still here?"

Holy fucking shit. I peek out to take a look at him.

It's him. It's jack. I watched him all the time. He was my favorite.

Wait. Is he my.... host? Is that what that other person called it? Host?

Apparently I get to haunt the shit out of my favorite YouTuber.

"Well, you- I mean I don't know. If your out then what the fuck did I just hear? There's nobody here. And the couch is fucked..... no, it's fine, but it's moved..... I don't know. It was like a.... like crying. Or singing or something."

Shit he heard me.

"My apartment isn't haunted you fuck. Ghosts hate me. Or like me. Either way they avoid me. Also, I fucking hope no, because if it is that's going to make horror play throughs really hard to do."