Chapter 35

Your POV

I had just set Rosie off at her friend's house, before I went home again. She has to stay over at their house, since I have to meet up with Anne and then I have my date later tonight. I was definitely nervous for the date, but I had to be prepared.

I called up Anne's number while I unlocked my front door, and she answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" I heard her answer confused, right before I answered; "Hi, it's Y/N Y/LN."

"Oh, hi Y/N! Are you ready to meet up?" I sighed slightly as I had to let this situation sink in, when I remembered. "Yeah, but on one condition. We take a DNA test first, I want to be sure that it's actually true before we just jump to conclusions, and before I can actually trust you enough to know that you're telling the truth." Anne sighed slightly but this have to have been expected of me. It's not like I can automatically trust the woman just because she told me that she's my mum.

"I completely understand, Y/N. I'll call to make an appointment and then I'll message you when and where we'll be having the DNA test." That sounded perfect for me, but what I wasn't sure of; was if we should actually meet up today... Screw it.

"Alright, but should we meet up today for lunch?"

"Yes, that sounds lovely. Let's meet up at a diner nearby your apartment, I saw one yesterday. It's called Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. Let's say in 20 minutes or so?"

"Sounds perfect, I'll see you then." We said our "goodbyes" before we hung up. It wasn't that far away, so I decided to walk towards the diner instead of driving. I put on my headphones while walking, and put my Spotify playlist on shuffle where Juke Jam by Chance The Rapper, Justin Bieber and Towkio started playing.

As told, the diner wasn't that far from my apartment, so it didn't take me long to arrive there. I sat in a booth and waited for Anne, I think at least ten minutes passed by before she arrived. It was alright though, I had arrived a bit early. Anne looked around the diner until she spotted me sitting in a booth by the windows. She smiled slightly before taking the seat in front of me as we greeted each other.

"I haven't ordered yet, I thought I would wait for you to come first." I said as she smiled at me appreciatively before we both grabbed a menu and looked through it. I quickly decided what I wanted to order as I set the menu down, it was after all not my first time in this diner. When Anne put her menu down, a waiter came towards our table and took our order. Shortly after the waiter went to deliver our orders to the chef as Anne and I started small talk.

"So where are you originally from?"

"Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. I also remember you grew up there till you were only 2 years old." I raised my eyebrows as I was quite surprised that she knew about that. She quickly noticed and started explaining herself, "that was of course because it was during the time your adoptive parents and I still held contact between us. "

"I honestly don't even remember any of that..." I sighed slightly before I asked her another question. "So where's your husband?" Right then Anne turned silent as she looked down, but before I could question her further; our order arrived. I thanked the waiter as I drank a bit of my milkshake, just then Anne answered my question.

"Unfortunately, my husband passed away. So now it's only my daughter, my son, my stepson and I." I looked down sadly as I just realized I ruined the mood and because of her reply.

"I'm so sorry for your loss... What's your children's names?" Anne just shook her head, as a way of saying that it's okay.

"It's Gemma, Harry and my stepson is Mike. Gemma is 27 years, Harry is 24 years old and Mike is 32 years old." I feel so young now.

"Oh wow, and I'm only 18." I replied while chuckling a bit as Anne laughed quietly to herself. The rest of the lunch was spent chatting with Anne before we both had to go home.

"It was lovely having lunch with you, Y/N. And by the way, I forgot to mention that we have an appointment tomorrow for a DNA test at 10:00 am, I'll message you the address." I nodded and thanked her, but before I could leave I was pulled into a hug. It took me a few seconds to reciprocate the hug, as it sort of shocked me to begin with.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bye Y/N." I replied back with a "bye" before we each went a different way. I went home and got myself ready with the spare time I had before the date - while also getting a few other things ready for the date.

-

Lauren's POV

"I don't know what to wear!"

"Well you definitely need to wear sexy underwear 'cause girl, you're going to do it 100 percent."

"Dinah!"

"You know I'm right," Dinah waved her hand around as if she was dismissing me.

"Girl, you better not do it tonight. It's your first date, take it slow." Normani said giving me the 'or else' look.

"Jeez Louise, let the woman do what she wants."

"Dinah, then why the fuck are you telling her to get laid tonight? You have double standards, I swear." Normani rolled her eyes while Dinah replied with a 'whatever'. Camila and Ally where just sitting there laughing quietly.

The girls came over to visit my family and I, and to help me choose my outfit. "I don't think your choice in clothing is as important as you make it seem, I'm sure Y/N will think you look beautiful no matter what." Ally said while smiling sweetly, before Dinah jumped in. "Yeah, she's so far up your ass that she might even believe that you look beautiful with a trash bag on." I just rolled my eyes while the rest of the girls agreed and laughed.

"Anygay, how's this?" I showed off this new dress I bought but by the looks on their faces, they didn't like it.

"It's not that we don't like it-" Well I was wrong there, "it's just that she said to wear comfortable clothes, and are you comfortable in that?"

"Yeah, you're right..."

I quickly grabbed another outfit before I changed in front of them, we've been in a band for a long time now so it doesn't matter. "How about this?"

I posed in front of them, just for fun, when they replied. "Yeah, this is great! Wear that" Camila replied while the others mumbled a few agreements.

"Alright, I'm ready!"

***

A/N:

I don't really like this book anymore...

And btw, I'm sorry I've been so MIA but I'll see if I can update some more and soon. It might be a bit difficult though, since I have exams and work, but I'll try!

- M