☾˙❀1❀˙☽

☆Anna☆

Why am I such a freak, I thought sorrowfully as I roamed the streets of New York.  I had been from homeless shelter to homeless shelter, ever since Nana died. The bank took her house, and she was the only person in this shitty world that cared enough about my life. At a very young age I was taken out of my parents custody and put under her care. My parents were very very  bad people, and that was the most I knew of them. For almost my whole life I had lived with Nana, and now at the age of 17 I am left all alone with no where to go but to roam aimlessly through the streets. 

I spend most of my time at  the park though, sitting by the duck pond and admiring the simply beautiful creatures. Sometimes I wished I was a duckie; I sigh audibly and notice that I drew the attention of a passer by. As per usual I am judged by what I look like, raggedy and dirty, in a simple nightgown and beat up brown leather jacket. I receive multiple glares when I am noticed by pretty much anyone, as I am well aware that no one likes a homeless bum. 

I feel the woman eye me for a short time, and I naturally assumed she was looking at my clothes and thinking , "How unfortunate." I proceed to pretend no one was there and kept to my usual admiration of the ducklings and their Mama. 

As I smile at the duckling that waddles out of the pond, I feel someone tap my shoulder. And to my dismay, I squeak very loudly. 

I turned around slowly to see that same woman look down at me with a warm smile. "Where is your mom sweetheart?" I commonly get asked things such as this, but usually in a ruder more annoyed manner. I do unfortunately look very much like a 5 year old. I am a petite girl, standing at about 4 11". I also most likely did not weigh more than about 90 pounds, I eat only once a week, and that is being generous. I also talk very much like a small child, so it is an easy mistake that most people make. 

"I no has a mama miss", I say with tears welling up in my eyes. Interacting with people is hard for me as well because I have very severe anxiety, so this usually happens when people talk to me.  

I turn back to the pond hoping that she would walk away and that would be the end of it, and it was. She walked away and I went about my business for about 2 hours. Before she came back, and with company this time. 

I was walking out of the park and I saw her approaching me with two men behind her, and they looked very big and very mean. My eyes grey wide and I ran in the opposite direction, as fast as my little legs would take me. I heard the woman say something to the men along the lines of "That's her!" 

I ran as fast as I could for about two blocks and my legs were starting to give out. I had little to no energy from the amount of malnutrition my body has endured over the past year. As soon as I reached what seemed to be a starbucks, I hit a rock with my foot and fell over. I was being trampled by people passing by, and I curled up in a ball sobbing and just wanting to be back with my Nana. 

I stayed in that position for what seemed like forever, and I felt myself being scooped up by a pair of strong arms. I clutched to the person and cried into their shoulder, whoever it was held me tightly and didn't let go. For once in a very long time, I finally felt safe. I cried and cried until I fell asleep. Still being held, I fell asleep listening to the persons heart and my own rapid breathing. I didn't want to move for anything in the world. At that moment, I felt like I had a home.