Shaking Heart |C-CLOWN Ryan AU| (Part II: One-Shot)

HOW IT ALL STARTS

“Ryan, where are you going? Let me come with you!”

                I glance towards the girl. Her long wavy hair moves swiftly as the wind blows. “Yes, come with me if you do want to.” I grab her by the arm and she slowly smiles. As soon as her lips curve into a beautiful smile, my heart thumps frantically. “I’d like to play soccer. Would you come along to play with me?” She waves her hand. The perfume she wears makes its way into my nostrils. The fragrance smells like the Sun and honey mixed up together.

                “No, I won’t be. I was just thinking to ask you a few questions on our homework. Is it possible for me to do so?” Her eyes glint with hope as she looks deeply into my eyes. I sigh. Why must she make that expression? She quickly pulls me under a shady tree and gets a thick book with numbers on the cover from her bag. I hate Maths. I give her a grunt.”I hope that you’ll make it fast. I’ll have to be at the field in one hours’ time.” I say to her, while glancing at my watch. She smiles, and immediately pulls out a pencil from her pencil case before shoving me the book. “What is the answer to this equation, Ryan? I’ve been trying to figure out the answer since the recess time.”

                Her smile turns into a frown. I feel disturbed just by looking at her face. She then bites the end of the pencil while looking at me, desperate for the question. I try hard not to laugh at her face because she looks so funny. I take a closer look at the page. “Since x equals to b plus 2c, and b = 5 – c, x is actually...” I explain to her in detail as she looks closely at the page. She then frowns for a few minutes after I finish solving the equation, no doubt trying to digest every single thing I’ve just told her. Her face lights up. “Oh, okay. Thank you, Ryan!”

                She picks her book and puts it into her bag. I am shocked when she suddenly gets up and is ready to leave. “Wait, what about the rest?” I ask her. Now it seems like I want to spend more time with her despite the fact that there is an important soccer practice coming up. “It is okay, Ryan. I guess I can figure it out on my own.” She then leaves, but not before pecking me a kiss on the cheek and here I am, standing like a complete fool, not knowing what she has done to me, or what I am doing to myself.

CONFESSION OF LOVE

“Minji, where are you?”

                I call her after she promises to meet me up at the school library. Well, we are not supposed to bring phones to school as students, but the school has already ended. How time flies. We are already senior students, who will be graduating in a few more months.

                Her voice sounds very apologetic over the line as she gasps for air to breath. “I am sorry, Ryan. I’ll come to you as soon as possible.” I feel a gust of cold air passing right behind me. As I turn around, I see her holding out a nicely wrapped present to me. With a playful smile on her face, she says, “Happy Valentine’s Day, Ryan.” I become startled. We have been friends for years, but this is the first time ever she gives me a present on this day of love celebration.

                “What do you mean, Minji? I just don’t understand.” My face frowns upon hers.  She rolls her eyes before saying matter-of-factly, “I’m proposing for you to be my lover.” A tinge of blush crawls on her innocent face before she clasps her mouth with her hand. “I’m so sorry. I do not know what I was thinking earlier. I hope that you will just forget my words.” She then looks down on the floor. “But I won’t.” I say to her, before holding her hand with a tight grip. Our eyes meet and we both smile to each other.