Cinderella |U-Kiss Kiseop AU| Part 2 (Final)

HER POV

The place looks deserted with almost no one here. It’s been almost an hour since I arrived. Why is he still not here yet?

The chilly air blows, almost blowing the cap off my hair. He is quite late.

Thinking that maybe he won’t make it, I immediately get off the seat, carrying with me the black book I’ve always been pouring out my thoughts. I love black; it reflects me the most compared to any other colour.

“Bella!”

I turn around, to find him panting. I guess he must have run. “I thought that you wouldn’t come.”

He tries to speak, but he seems to be taking a while to get his breathing steady. “I’m sorry. Something came up earlier.”

“Oh, I see.” I reply, sounding a bit awkward. “I seriously thought that you can’t make it.”

“A friend told me not to go and see you.” He explains.

“A friend?” I try not to figure who it really is, but curiosity gets the best of me.

“Minsook-sshi.” He lets out a sigh. “I wonder what is wrong with her.”

“Oh.” I slowly nod my head. “Have a seat, please.”

“Thank you.” He says as he smiles.

The girl must be furious now that he goes to see me. I seriously hope that there won’t be any World War III erupting next week at school.

But I don’t care. I really don’t.

I must have been crazy. I know I am, since I am bold enough to admit this.

I like him.

There are some days when I would actually wonder what he is actually thinking of.

There are some incidents of when I would actually look down on the floor, avoiding his gaze and feel my cheeks burning hot.

There are some instances when I would see him walking by the corridor, listening to A.J. chattering non-stop like happy bird chirping madly at the sight of seeing a worm. My heart will pound loudly as if it is going to explode at any moment.

And I bet nobody knows about me that much, not even my parents.

There is a secret that I keep; the one which I would never want anyone to know, for fear that they will give crude remarks about me, for fear that one day, I will be left alone and for fear that people will probably stone me to death.

So, when he said to me before that he likes me, I was completely shocked.

I never thought that there is still love for me, as I never expect myself to love anyone again.

Love is painful. To love means to sacrifice yourself for the sake of your beloved ones.

I had once thought of loving anyone else. I dreamed of having a huge family, living in a small cottage by the countryside, with a doting husband and some children running around.

Again, is it really ‘love’?

When I first saw him, I knew he would never be the one for me. I mean, look at me, and look at him. We are completely two different people from two different worlds. The distance between us is very far, just like the earth and the sky.

“So, who do you have in your family?” He is the one to start the conversation.

The road is quite deserted, save for some stray cats hovering over the trash by the houses.