Cinderella |U-Kiss Kiseop AU| Part 1

*Author’s Note: This story is written from two different POVs And this one-shot might be a little bit dark, if you know what I mean.*

HIS POV

I watch the girl as she drops her bag on the chair. The look on her face is anything but happy.

It has been a long while since I first saw her entering the classroom. It is hard for me to say this, but I admit that I have been stalking her, for a long time.

She looks around, as if searching for something. Her eyes catch the glimpse of the other girls grouped at the corner of the room, doubtlessly gossiping. She rolls her eyes in annoyance. I slowly smile. Yeah, if you ask me, I also hate that.

She slowly caresses her hair before clumping every strand of it to her right side. A calm breeze wraps me as she smiles. Her hands immediately rummage through her brown bag, before a look of relief flashes on her face. It is a black book, with literally nothing on the cover.

I wonder what kind of book it really is. Why should it be black, of any colour? Is it something that represents her? Or is it something that reflects her inner thoughts?

I silently think to myself. Creases form on my forehead before a hand pats my shoulder from the back.

“Hey, Kiseop! What are you doing?” A friend of mine, A.J. greets me cheerfully.

I immediately shift my position to face him, no longer looking at the girl. “Nothing.” I mutter unconvincingly.

He looks at me for a while, as if trying to read my mind. “Don’t try to fool me. I believe that you were looking at her.”

“Her?” I act innocently, as if not knowing what or who he is referring to. “Who is it?”

He lets out a snort. “As if you do not know.” He teases me playfully, rolling his eyes. “It’s Bella, who else?”

“That exchange student?” I still pretend, acting obliviously in front of him.

“Oh, come on.” His face starts to look serious. “Cut it out.”

I let out a sigh. “Yes, I was looking at her. Why? Am I not allowed to?” I ask him, rather seriously.

He bites the end of his lips, looking troubled. “I notice that you’ve been stalking on her for quite some time. And I know, deep in your heart, you are starting to like her.” He confesses.

Another sigh escapes from my mouth. This is why it is sometimes hard to be with A.J. He can read people. And due to the fact that I’ve been friends with him since we were still in our childhood years, he knows me very well. I can’t even hide my feelings from him.

I surrender. If I stay silent like this, he might interrogate me like a private detective investigating his criminal for the next two days. “Okay, fine. I admit it.”

He looks down on the floor. “I so know it.”

I frown at him. It is weird for him to act like that. I expect that he would feel happy now that I have finally started to like a girl since we’ve been friends for about fifteen years. Most people say that I am gay. Actually, I once believed that I am, till I meet the girl.

***

It is a rainy day; a day that fits well for the kids to play out in the rain; a day that sounds great to cuddle up on a comfortable bed; a day that I unexpectedly meet her.

Today, I miss the school. I know, it might sound nerdy and lame, but I have a fever. And I start to feel better after the school has ended.

It is weird, isn’t it? It is as if the whole universe is plotting something. Throughout my twenty years of living, I have never been affected by a fever. And I am not here to brag about it.