A Surprise ||D.O. EXO||

You have just finished eating a bowl of ramyeon at the table when suddenly someone knocks on your door.

“Coming!” You say as you run towards it.

As you open the door, you are expecting to see someone waiting for you. However, as you step out of your apartment, there is nobody.

“Was that a prank?” You say to yourself. “Daebak (Awesome), that dude can run so fast.”

You turn on your heel to shut the door, but your eyes catch a glint of something shining on the floor. As you bend down to take a deep look at it, you notice that it is a heart shaped locket.

You pick it up, opening the silver heart. A small folded piece of paper falls out. “From your beloved. Let’s meet up tonight. I’ll be at your house at nine.” You read it out.

You look around as you know who writes the letter. That handwriting is the one that you always see when he writes on his notebook.

“Gomawoyo (Thank you), Kyungsoo-sshi!” You say loudly at him, even though you know that he might be there or he might not be. You then shut the door, hoping that you will be able to meet him tonight.

***

You’ve been waiting for him nervously since nine. You put on a beige coloured dress and the heart shaped locket he gave you earlier. As you look at your reflection on the mirror, you see a beautiful lady staring back at you.

“Yes, I’m ready to go, now!” You smile at yourself, thinking of him.

A few moments later, the doorbell rings. You are sitting on the couch when you hear someone calling your name. It’s the familiar voice of your love.

“I’m coming!” You run towards the door and open it, hoping to see him.

You don’t see anyone. But there is a big box in front of the door. It is so big that even a whole huge white teddy bear that he gave you on your last annual anniversary.

“Wow!” You gasp upon pushing the box inside the house. “This present is so big! I wonder what is inside.” You admire it in awe.

You immediately sit on the couch. You then decide to wait for him to open the special gift. As your eyes get fixed on the television screen, you somehow or rather become absorbed with the channel which you used to watch with him before. It is We Got Married, the show picking up celebrities and matchmaking them. You let out a smile. “It’s such a relief he doesn’t get picked up for this show.” You really enjoy the show. You laugh throughout the show as the couple is so cute and adorable. “I wish we could be as cuddly as them.” You hope, muttering these words to yourself.

A while later the show ends. You look at the rainbow watch strapped on your left wrist.

Letting out a sigh, you wonder where he really is. It is already nine thirty o’clock. He has never been this late before. “I wonder why he’s still not here.” You frown. “Is he in trouble?”

Grabbing the phone out off the table, you immediately press on the speed dial number two. Your mother is always the first priority. Kyungsoo also knows that. Though he really likes number one and enjoys being the first of everything, he understands you. He never feels disappointed when you leave him on you guys’ date for the sake of taking care of your sick mother at hospital. In fact, he always helps you out. When you are busy juggling your time with your study and work, he will always be there for you.

In your opinion, a boyfriend does not have to be with his girl all the time. He is needed most when the girl really needs him. And that is why you love him.