Honey |INFINITE Sungyeol|

I am walking down the street when I see him. He is strolling by the roadside elegantly, his eyes wearing a pair of sunglasses. Behind him, some of the group members are chatting amicably about how the day goes.

“Sungyeol-ah, where are you going?” The group’s visual, L or MyungSoo calls after him.

SungYeol stops in a halt. He removes his black sunglasses. He looks at L and the rest before he says, “I’m going to the department store for a while. I think I have to go and get some chocolate or something sweet.”

Woohyun advises him. “Okay, but please make sure that it won’t be long. We have been out of the house for so long. I already miss the comfortable bed.” He flashes his beautiful smile at SungYeol, who grins back to him in return.

“I know. Please wait patiently. It won’t be long.”

Sunggyu, as the responsible leader, reaches out for his arm. SungYeol gasps, out of shock.

“Why is it, hyung?” He asks innocently.

The leader replies, “Are you sure you would like to go alone? I’m afraid that you might be kidnapped, that’s why.”

His serious tone of voice turns into a laughter. Everyone smiles. Sungjong smirks.

Shaking his head, SungYeol bits back a remark. “You almost scared me. I thought what was so serious earlier. It’s okay, hyung. I am already a big guy. I can take a good care of myself.” He then turns around on his heels and walks for a few steps before stopping. “Manager, can you give me the credit card, please?”

I am jerked awake from my trance. SungJong is now staring at me, his eyes cocking his brows. Good, I think I really need someone to think of me as a freak. *Note the sarcasm, please.* I immediately scurry away to the 7-Eleven to get something for my dinner.

Gosh, now that I am speaking of it, I am reminded of how hungry I really am. Thus the reason of why I am out of my house. The hectic life as a student in the local university really drives me mad. I rarely go out of the house, given the fact that I do have tonnes of assignments to do. In fact, I really want to go out so much. I am not born in Korea and that is the reason of why I really want to explore the place. But still, in life, nothing happens as the way we have expected it to be. And that’s how I meet him.

***

I push the door open in a hurry before my head bumps into someone. Muttering a curse under his breath, he says “Hey, watch where you’re going!” I nod my head repeatedly as I apologise. He then leaves the place without any word. I let out a sigh of relief. It’s good that he just brushes it away. I am worried that it would be such a huge issue, you know, given the fact that I do not know the people here well.

I do have friends at my house, but they are not from the same course as mine. Lisa, Maria, Kathy and Sarah study in the journalism field, whereas I choose to study the English language for professional communication. Blame my luck for that. They always have a different schedule compared to me. As of today, they have full classes, right from eight am till ten pm.

We are from different countries, but somehow for some reason we are actually acquainted to each other. We join a group on this one popular social networking site. You would know it if I mention the name. The group is where all the people who love Korea socialise, regardless they are from the country or not. And as for me, I’ve always wanted to visit the country so I join in. Now, my dream has finally come true.

As I walk in the store, figuring out things for me to buy so that I can cook for dinner, my ears catches the sound of shoes tapping on the floor. It becomes clearer and suddenly I look around to find a tall daunting figure standing right next to me. I have to lift my head up to see the person.

“Honey.” He says.

My eyes do not even blink once. “Pardon me, but what did you say just now?” I reply back frantically and spontaneously in English.

“Honey. Do you know where it is?” He asks in embarrassment, knowing it well that I might have misunderstood him. In fact, I did.

 “It’s over there.” My hand gestures towards the shelf that holds the treasured item. I remember that Pooh, my favourite childhood animation loves to eat that golden stuff.

“Excuse me, miss? Are you okay?” He asks me, his voice full of concern. I look back at him.

“Yes, I am. Were you talking to me? I’m sorry. I was lost in my own thoughts.” I reply in Korean. I hope that he will understand me.

His face brightens. “Oh, so you do know how to speak in Korean. I thought that you are a foreigner.”

I nod my head. “I am, but I’ve been studying here for about two years. So, I know a little bit of Hangul and the basics of the language.”

My face heats up as I’ve never spoken to a stranger in a department store before, except for the cashier guy. Mind you, the only words that ever come out of my mouth are “hello”, “thank you” and “have a nice day”.

“Oh.” His hand pulls the strands of hair that start to cover his eye to his ear. “Though it might sound awkward, but still, welcome to Korea. My name is SungYeol. Lee SungYeol.” He holds out his hand to shake.

I hold out my hand. “I know your name. You are from Infinite, right?”

His eyes widen. “Oh you do?”

I smile shyly as I admit. “Yes. In fact, I like you the best out of the other members. I find the others wonderful, but I think you are quite awesome.”

My heart beats fast. Did I just confess that I like him?

His lips form a lopsided curve as he smirks. “Okay. That was quite surprising. But thank you for the compliment.” He looks on the ground, his hand touching the back of his neck.

He then tries to change the subject. “By the way, you are so beautiful when you smile. Since I have told you who I am, whom you have long ago known ever since, please return me the favour. Who are you?”

“I am...”I try to answer him, but his signal cuts me off. He puts his finger on his mouth, silencing me.

Looking into my eyes intently, he says in a hushed voice. “You’re mine.”