Chapter 1: Thunder

"Rayne! Come on! I want to get to school so I can work before class!" My older brother, Donny, shouts from downstairs.

I wake up with a start. Crap. I overslept again because five more minutes was just not enough anymore.

"Coming!" I yell at him, hoping he can understand my morning voice.

"Hurry up!"

I stand up and grab a pair of jeans from my floor and slide them over my legs. I grab my favorite sweatshirt and throw it on over my black bra. Somehow, my hands found their way to my hair and had put it in a ponytail while simultaneously tying my converse high tops.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed a banana and a cookie and sprinted out the door to my brother's car. Just in time!

"Hey." Lucas said from next to me, as I sit down on the cushioned seats.

"Hey." I reply awkwardly, knowing he is trying to flirt with me. Not that I would mind in any other circumstance but, Lucas is my step-brother and a year older than me. Not to mention the fact that I am 'Rayne the Stain' at my school and would ruin his reputation if anyone found out he likes me.

Honestly, I don't know how I got the nickname 'Rayne the Stain'. Somehow, the slut of the school, Summer Holly, had managed to fake a coffee spill accident so I was officially, 'Rayne the Stain' for ruining her knockoff designer blouse.

And when I say knockoff, I literally mean knockoff. Like she probably knocked off the manager's head with her cleavage at goodwill to get it for free.

Ha.

Good one, Rayne.

Not.

I honestly don't know why I try to be funny, I just end up sounding like a demented bird goat who's looking for his shoe. Don't ask.

The car pulls into the parking lot, thanks to Donny for driving and not killing us, and I hop out. I spot Fern and run straight over to her.

"Hey you!" She says, well, more like yells into my face.

"Hi..." I looked at her, confused with her enthusiasm for a Monday morning.

She sat in her hip, "If you were wondering, the reason I am so happy is because... MY FAVORITE SPIDER-MAN FANFIC JUST UPDATED!"

"Why?" I stated, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, did you bring me my cookie?"

I held it up and she took it and ate it in one bite. After thanking me, she walked inside the school and I followed her in, walking straight to my first class of the day, English 11. Yay. (Not)

I bumped into Cameron Collins on my way in and he shoved me against the wall, laughing at my dropped book.

Great. More humans.

I hate humans. Except a few who include:

Myself: I am smart and I know it. Everyone on this planet will work for me one day.

Lucas: He is sweet and funny, plus we are kinda related... ish...

Donny: I mean, he's annoying but he is my brother so I have to like him a little.

Fern: Best Friend... Do I really need to explain? Like freaking Spider-Man fanfic? Don't tell her but I am totally gonna read the next chapter, too.

My mom and dad: that's a given they created me...

And I love everyone who is related to me, looks hot in Instagram pics, gave me food, or even looked at me without shoving me against a locker. Especially the food one. Like if you give me free food, I will actually marry you.

Three people walk into the room and I roll my eyes so hard that I go blind for a moment. They have entered.

It's like an apocalypse up in here or something!

Storm Spencer, Blake Stone, and Hunter King walked into the classroom. They are the stars of Westside High. Can you blame them? Even their names are star worthy!

Blake Stone is to the right. Blake is the player of the school. Well, they are all players but he goes real hard. He has this thing where he wants to sleep with every girl in the school three times a year for the whole 4 years we are here. Everyone knows it, yet somehow, people think that they are the exception. So it's this whole big drama deal when he breaks up with someone or doesn't call them back. Like, if you are stupid enough to sleep with him, you should at least know that HE IS GONNA BLOW YOU OFF!

Then comes Hunter King. Hunter is the prankster of the school. He acts out in class, cheats on tests and goes as far as to put olive oil on the floors in the hall so when the bell rang for the next class, everyone slipped. I honestly feel bad for the janitors. The only problem is that there is no real proof that he is the one doing this stuff so he stays off the hook. Hunter doesn't really sleep with girls for entertainment, like the other two, but he does when he is dared or drunk. I personally think that he is trying to find a real girl in this school that's full of fakes.

Then Storm Spencer. He is sexy and has the perfect amount of hair. Wait, we are doing personality? Okay, well, he is a player, but doesn't spend too much time having sex, more time actually scheming and breaking girls' hearts. Honestly, they should really see it coming. I get it though. I was once in love with someone who turned out to be a crapface. It sucks and you never really see it coming until it sneaks up behind you and smacks you in the head.

I watch as the three boys scan the room, looking for one person in particular...

Storm's eyes land on me and he walks to the back of the classroom, sitting on my desk.

"Hey thunder."

And it begins...