Chapter 5: Rainstorms and Winks

⚠️WARNING ⚠️
LEMONS AHEAD!
PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS!
BUT STILL ENJOY

"Rayne" he whispers into my neck. I let out a breath.

"Rayne, I need you, baby please." I heard storms voice whisper in my ear before he lowered his lips onto mine. I knew what is about to happen, and I don't want it to stop.

Storm just feels so right next to me, touching me, feeling my every curve, exploring my body in ways no one ever has. I can't stop, I run my hands through his fluffy hair, staring into his deep blue eyes.

It was like staring out at an ocean, seeing hues of blue I never thought existed, the color of the sky in the middle of the day, with deep swirls the color of the deepest depths in the ocean.

His hands shook my shoulders, "Storm" I moaned. I snapped up, realizing what was happening.

"Storm." I complained. "How long have you been in here?" I asked, looking around my room. My head hurts.

"A few minutes." He smirked.

Crap. Did I say something stupid? Wait, it's me, of course I did.

"School!" I yelled.

"I called in sick. Sorry." He said.

"You called in sick. For me?" I asked.

"Yes, thunder, you."

Okay so it's thunder again. What happened to Rayne? I liked that change.

"Storm?" I ask after a few moments of silence.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go for a walk later? Around five. I just want to talk. We can walk in the park." I say.

He paused. I don't know what was going through his mind in this moment, but confusion, hope, and anxiety all crossed his face.

"Sure."

"Alright. Five then?"

He paused again, with a smile this time. "Yes."

I smiled at his smile. He saw. He smiled more. I looked down.

So I know I am acting like I'm nervous, but I am. It's not every day you ask a god to go on a walk with you.

I swear it's not a date either, I just want to find a way to get along with him. I swear.

"Well," he breaks the silence, "I have to go..."  he pauses again, "take care of something."

"Okay." I say suspiciously. "meet at the park tonight?"

"It's a date." He says, then realizes he said that and immediately took it back, "I mean, it's not a date, it's just two people hanging out. You know the same two people who are living in the same house for a month. Hey did you notice that my name is Storm? Storm Spencer. Like alliteration. Oh and Rayne, and I am storm, like rainstorm. Ha that was funny. But yea, not a date at all. Just two people hanging out, both of them-"

I press my soft pink lips against his and he immediately relaxed against the kiss before realizing what happened, so he pulls away.

I say, "Someone had to shut you up. It's not a date, just me and you talking by the creek like we did as kids. That's all."

He was still in shock. His eyes searched mine, I could tell he was still thinking about the kiss. But I can't tell what he thought. I have only kissed one person in this world, and that is him. I wonder if I was bad.

But, if he hadn't have pulled away so fast, I would have kept kissing him. It felt so right, yet so wrong.

So, so, so wrong.

But so, so, so RIGHT!

"Bye." He leaves abruptly, walking out he door. I wander to my window and look out. Fern is standing there. What is she doing here? Shouldn't she be at school?

I see Storm approach her and they have a giddy conversation, Fern's eyes widening the whole time. She jumps up and down when he finishes, and he runs a hand through his hair. The same hair I just dreamt about.

They continue their conversation and my mind wanders.

Why are they home from school?

I want food.

Why am I home from school?

I'm kinda hungry...

What happened last night after he said my name?

I wish I had chocolate.

When did I change clothes?

Popcorn sounds good.

Did someone change my clothes?

Ooh! I want beer shakes!

More importantly, WHO?

I want some freaking food.

But I also want to know who changed my clothes and WHEN!

Maybe some Chinese food?

Oh wait, I changed myself. I think.

GIVE ME FOOD OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!

I snapped out of my trance to see Storm and Fern finishing up their conversation. Fern looks up to the window, mouth agape. She smiles, then smirks, then laughs to herself, more of a chuckle, before getting into Storm's car and driving off.

My windows to my room are tinted.

I don't think I was supposed to see that.

And I still don't know what she's sorry for.

Could it all be connected?

Seriously? You idiot! It's your best friend your talking about. She couldn't have killed someone. If she did, I would be helping her burry the body.

But still, what was that for? And why?