Chapter 1: Runaways

"Are you trying to kill yourself again?" I knew the moment he walked inside he would lash out on me,

"They're the one who ambushed me" I reasoned. He glared at me and sighed as he saw the bruises on my face and arms, some were hidden inside my tee shirt.

"That's why you have to be careful and you have to fight" I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed. Fight my ass didn't he see those guys? I was outnumbered and I did fight but just got lost.

"I did and see what happened. Anyways I'm fine next time they'll hurt me I'll dash like a hunted deer just to save myself from anymore bruises it hurts like hell" He sighed and walked over to me and gave me his ever big brother hug.

"I don't want you hurt you're the only one I got" I willed myself not to tear up in his words. Yeah, It was just us no parents anymore as it seemed they were killed when I was a baby barely a week old. My brother didn't want to relay what happened and I was contented with that. I didn't want him to remember something drastic.

I grew up with my brother as him both my mother and father, he was strict and I somehow thought of him as an asshole but I knew it was just to protect me. I didn't want him in any harm so I had to suck up all the bullies. I wasn't a kid anymore I was eighteen but even in this size of mine I wasn't so fond of violence. This would pass and when summer ends all those people would go back to school and I would be a free man considering I wouldn't go to college.

A knock sounded on the door. We both whisked our head to the source and beside me I heard my brother gulped in dread.

"I'll go get it, you go to your room" I wanted to protest but I guess I gave him enough for today so I nodded. He didn't open the door until he saw me closing my room.

Something's fishy but I discarded the idea as a wave of dizziness washed over my body. I stumbled a little and plopped down on my bed. I need rest so I closed my eyes barely noticing the ruckus down the living room.

Someone's shaking me, frantically might I add.

"Wake up!" I groaned and ignored the voice.

"Reagan fucking wake up!" Okay time to wake up.

I opened my eyes and saw a frantic Teagan. Something's wrong.

"What's up bro" He ushered me to get up as he rummaged inside my closet.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"We have to go…away from here"

"What are you talking about?" He looked back at me sweat forming on his face. He went back into slamming clothes to my duffel bag. I looked at the room and saw the same bag probably his own things.

"Are we supposed to go on vacation?" I asked trying to be nonchalant about the seriousness of the situation.

"The Alpha is away and they won't hold back in hurting us" he mumbled in distressed. I gave him a look of confusion but he seemed so out of it.

"Shit! Why now? they should have inform us first especially what happened last time" My brother was going hysteric as he kept on putting things in our bag like we wouldn't come back here.

"Alpha what?" I asked in wonder. He stopped dead in his tracks and slowly gazed back at me.

"I'll explain later, get up and help me" I nodded and helped him put things in our bag. I snatched a photo album from the bed table and pulled a photo of all of us with my parents and another one with me and Teagan in my graduation. I put it on my back pocket and I followed my hysteric brother on the back door.