Chapter 6: Mate

I never knew how strong I was until I had to forgive someone who wasn't sorry, and accept an apology I never received.

New chap a short one though.

~~~~

S

ome slight smut ahead ⚠

The moment I was able to gather myself back, I was led to a room to lay down and had some rest...of course Taiga tailing behind like a lost puppy gripping tightly at the end of my burrowed shirt. Sin, was  kind enough to lay black bedsheets on the bed with matching black pillows, a white blanket contrasting everything in the dark themed room. Everything in the room spoke dark; the walls painted mossy green in matched with the same colored carpet, black granite tiled walls, and dark beige ceiling with a delicate design with some sort of simple chandelier hanging. A big window at the center enough for the room to be illuminated by the glistening sun and sparkling moon. A simple wardrobe at the right side of the room pressed against the wall, a lone couch to sat by and relax, a small bedside table with an alarm clock sat on it...everything in the room was simple, not designed or flourished for a long stay and then I concluded this one was for guests, a guest room. Though, the room was elegant and big enough to sum up my whole house. These people were loaded and for some reason it was unsettling.

I laid flat on the soft mattress finding myself caressing my belly, the action was comforting as I always loved belly rubs. Taiga was long gone in the land of sleep, Forest's somewhere in the house roaming but I knew he's safe as he was lead by surprisingly Trey outside for a play. The silent guy had weird affection to the wolf I noticed, but I guess it was a good thing so I let him.

I closed my eyes just aiming for a nap but sleep overtook, I could feel the tension in my body from the injuries I got...my body just gave out on its own.

~~~~

The first time I saw him, he was leaning at the tree in a secluded place where mostly the dark shadow of the night blanketed the area, away from nagging girls, drunken body and long chit-chat of who knew what. The first time in my life I attended a party, it was a gathering in our village where mostly adults accompanying their hormonal teenager kids. It was a bonfire party and even though it wasn't the same to the parties I heard from some college dudes in our place it was enough for me to feel wild and free. My brother was dragged by his bestfriend Azalea probably for some drinks which he hated me to have...hypocrite but he had a point I was still seventeen at that time.

So I grabbed the chance of being free and unsupervised for a moment. I chugged drinks after drinks, it was just a punch but mixed with li'l amount of alcohol, it was bittersweet and I couldn't understand the taste but seeing everyone so easily chugging it down, I did the same. At first I blanched at the taste but I got used to it sooner and the first cup became two, three, four until I couldn't count anymore. Droplets of the liquor dribbling from my mouth as I drink and talk to someone I didn't know, I giggled, shared stories I couldn't even remember and laughed like a madman for no reason. I knew I was getting drunk, or maybe I already was but when my gaze stray back to the man silently leaning on the tree bark alone, no company, no drink in hand but just watching I had the sudden urge to walk to him and talk. I had the thought of him being alone and maybe he was lonely, so with a dragging stance I sauntered over him with some trip over here and there.

He saw me coming and he straightened his posture leaned away from the tree and caught me before I face planted on the ground. The voices from the party was now just a buzzed to my ear and when I looked back, I could hardly see anyone from this place.