Chapter 9: Acceptance

"Life is like a SWITCH. It's up to us to turn it OFF, or continue turning it ON."

The sterile hallway along its bleached smell, put myself unto an uncomfortable presence… it’s unusually creepy. Like transmitting a bad omen. Well, knowing how I hated hospitals and its smell this sensation was expected- after all we’re in an area where mostly hospital related.

Big mahogany door greeted my line of sight making me paused in surprise…I was so lost in my thought.

“Doctor Blix is inside” I nodded and hoisted Taiga properly in my arms, the kid clutching my shirt like no tomorrow. His face hidden in my chest. I sent a small smile to Sin’s direction as he opened the door. I went inside but paused momentarily as I was surprised for a moment how packed the room was. I gulped knowing I couldn’t pushed them out knowing they’re probably worried for me, how strange it might be.

“uhmmh” I stuttered, the guys just shrugged and brushed of their own presence like they were supposed to be here. What surprised me more was Braidan’s presence. For a moment I steered away from him, sticking myself more unto Midori’s side as it seemed he was tolerated by Taiga without fussing too much.

“So many people” I muttered to myself not able to bravely say my point. Midori heard me though knowing his heightened hearing and chuckled,

“They can’t help it Reagan, they’re too excited to confirm more than you…It’s been a while” I frowned, confirm what? So this was really true? I could be pregnant? How weird was that.

A man with a typical white coat sauntered over to us, with a girl at his side. A big round glasses sat atop his pointed nose, his big blue green eyes hidden behind the giant specs. Despite that, his honey colored hair accentuated perfectly his youngish boyish face. He’s too young to be a doctor, and through my mind I could remember his comforting voice and smile when he first cared for me. He must be Doctor Astro Blix.

“Hello Reagan, I’m Doctor Blix if you could remember. It must be upsetting to come back again in my clinic and have some thorough check-up but knowing what happened it must be done. I had to say sorry for what Braidan did, sometimes he could be handful.” I heard a scoff as he finished his words and I assumed it was from Braidan. I nodded not knowing what to react.

A gentle hand on my shoulder made me snapped my attention to it, Sin’s gentle smile urged me to go and lay on the clinic bed, a place I came to be familiar with lately. He tried to pry Taiga off me to allow Dr. Blix for better assessment but the kid would have none of it as he wailed like a distressed kitten when he was plucked from my arms. Startled, Sin handed back Taiga like he was burned from the small kid. The guys laughed at Sin’s reaction but Taiga’s cries drowned it all. Taiga turned to me with mouth pouting, tears leaking from his cute honey eyes. I smiled cooing at him.

“Geez, good to know he could shriek like that, thought he’d be mute forever” Gael elbowed Braidan’s gut as he said those words. He grunted and kept silent.

“So let’s start” I exhaled shakily… there was too much people I felt uncomfortable. I glanced warily at the room and somehow Doctor Blix sensed my discomfort.

“I should have known this but the guys were so insistent. No worries I’ll send them out” As soon as those words were out from Doctor’s mouth the guys grunted in protest,

“ I’ll send you back in when it’s time for the ultrasound but checking his physical health is too personal so go shoo!” he ushered them all out, to the point it was funny to see a small man shooing guys twice the size of him. Taiga watched in earnest as he sucked his thumb, keeping quiet as he saw the guys going out probably wondering why. He looked back at me, silently asking and I shrugged my shoulder.