Chapter 5: The Smell of Life

Chapter 5:
The Smell of Life

"You built up a world of magic, because your real life is tragic"

Heavy scent of antiseptic and disinfectant assaulted my nostrils and my brain laden up with too much hazziness I couldn't even remember where I was and what happened. I groaned as tried to open my eyes but the simple action deemed useless as I couldn't even move my eyeballs.

What's happening?

I tried again but this time to open my mouth, to call for someone, for my brother as I was slowly filled with fear not knowing what my situation was. Perhaps I was beaten to death by Zoren and my brother decided to confine me in bedroom to put up the constant beatings and bruises everytime I went home.

I could hear some weird noises, my ear was ringing like a telephone with a dead line and I suppressed a groan as my head bombarded with so much pain. I tried wriggling my fingers to grasp my head but I couldn't feel it and for a moment I was overcame with fear not knowing what was happening.

This time I could hear some beeping and it was getting erratic with some voices muffled for my ears.

"He's getting restless" someone said, somehow I could hear them clearly but my body still flaccid and unresponsive.

"He's fighting off the wariness of his body. But he still needs rest, Godforbid's what happened to him, glad that he survived those wounds"

"We managed to get to him in time. If not by his blood he's considered dead. The wounds and bruises were old especially the one on his leg. It was torn and mauled Astro, good thing he survived. A normal person would be dead right now." That was a woman's voice for sure. But who? As sad as it was the only woman I knew was my brother's bestfriend Azalea, but that surely wasn't her voice.

"Despite his origin, the healing was so slow and infection managed to latch on his system. It's still a wonder why he didn't heal like we normally do."

"And to think he didn't smell like one. But when I examined his blood the result shows werewolf blood and definitely omega. Explaining his situation. At first it was a shocker thinking he smell like human" I didn't understand, were they talking about me? But the fog in my brain told me otherwise. I was covered with so much confusion.

"He's safe now right? Both of them" a soft toned voice mumbled. I remembered it, the caring voice sounded so familiar and I was sudden hit with pain as memories rained down on me.

God, my brother; my leg; the wolf-Forest; the thugs who beat me and Taiga. Wait! Taiga, oh God so I was in the hospital with those werewolves? They healed and helped me? But why? Weren't they killers?

"He's waking up" someone said, the voices immediately stopped and I could feel hands on me trying to sooth me as I tried prying my eyes open body struggling to move.

"Shh, it's fine you're safe now. Just rest for a bit your body needs it kid" That voice I knew for sure owned by the soft looking man with emerald eyes who's so fond in calling me kid. He's true though, my body felt so heavy and I needed rest. So I stilled and let the haziness took over my body.

"Good boy" I heard someone murmured in my ears.

~~~~