Chapter 2: Hollow

I knew I was walking but my head felt airy. I felt like I was walking on a torny ground, pins and needles on my legs.

What was I doing again? oh yeah walking. I felt confused. I felt lost. I felt so hollow.

Tears were flowing down my face, I didn't know why though.

Oh yeah my brother.

I was truly alone right now.

Was this what my brother felt when he lost our parents? he had me though and I was alone.

This was too much to bear, thinking that he was really gone was too much. I wanted to deny everything. My heart had this constricting feeling every time my mind processed the truth. My brother's hollow and dull eyes void of life would forever haunt me. For once  in my life I felt so lost, so alone like a child just abandoned by their parents and that parent was my brother.

My breath shook as I exhaled, the wind caressed my tear stained face drying it but once again getting wet as another batch of tears flowed. How I wished for this as a dream.

I never thought of losing my brother like this and not once in my life I prepared for the possibilities of being left alone. I was so caught up with my teenage life and seeking for hormone sating bliss to care about losing him. I was already eighteen yet both of us hadn't even discuss myself as an independent man. I was so confident that he would be forever by my side.

Yet here I was alone, injured and wandering in a murky vast dangerous forest which I was so eager to tresspassed once ago.

I was limping in this forest, dragging my useless leg to get myself far from those creatures. My mind was getting tired of me thinking things that would suffice my aching heart. A thought of going with my brother passed my mind but his ever resilient voice stopped myself thinking 'bout any further. He said to stay alive and wait for him, I'd try. My brother sacrificed himself for me and here I was thinking of wasting it away. Such a failure.

I wanted him back. What to do? I felt so  lost. Where would I go? I didn't know where the cabin was and my legs felt like going to melt any seconds.

He was alone too probably being eaten by hawks.

No I have to be positive. I need to move forward.

I was hungry, the food Teagan packed up was now gone. I had some canned goods but I didn't feel like eating those right now. I also felt lost, didn't know where this place.

Nausea swept over me and I stumbled a bit, one thing also; I'd been puking my guts out recently.

I walked again, feeling so empty. If only he was here maybe I wasn't alone right now but I had to be patient.

I saw some shade of a tree and I limped over there. I needed some rest.

I leaned my head back on the sharp bark of the tree. I felt tears cascading down my face and I exhaled a shaky breath.

I was really alone.

"Damn, Rey you're not a kid anymore fucking eat your broccoli" I groaned and walked away from him.

"That's the point I'm no kid anymore so I already passed the vegetable stage" I sassed back.

He narrowed his eyes, arms crossed over his chest. His dominating aura resonated in our small dining room.

"Okay fine I'll eat it" I plopped the piece of brocolli in my mouth and chewed loudly.

He smirked.