Chapter 2. 'Thank you , Potter'

•^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^•

Harry sat in the Great Hall finishing of his breakfast with Hermione and Ron on each side of him . Dean , Séamus , Neville and Ginny had also been sitting with them just a few minutes ago but they had finished early and decided to go . The owls swooped in , delivering the post . Harry hadn't received anything ,nor had Ron . Hermione received a copy of the Daily Prophet .
She read it in silence and in shock . "What is is Hermione ?" Harry asked when he seen the look on her face . She stayed silent , reading on . " 'Mione ? What's it say ?" Ron asked as he too caught onto the look on her face .

" It's a new dark wizard ?" Hermione answered although she was confused .
" What do you mean there's a new dark wizard ?" Ron asked . Harry looked around , many other people around the Great Hall had also heard the news . " It says a dark witch or wizard has been spotted at numerous muggle killings in the past few months and is also suspected of having killed atleast a dozen blood traitors and muggle born witches and wizards " Hermione sounded afraid , as she was a muggle born . Ron's family was also considered to be a blood traitor family . " Couldn't it be Voldemort ?" Ron asked . "No . It says here that Voldemort is rumoured to be in Bulgaria gaining supporters . This new dark wizard has been sighted in London and people think he's a death eater , or atleast he's peaceful with Voldemort" Hermione answered as she continued reading . Ron looked up at Harry who was staring down at his glass of orange juice . "I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about" Ron shrugged although he didn't seem to believe what he was saying .

In class later that day all anyone could talk about was this new dark lord . Nobody knew what to call him so everyone called him something different . And of course , the Slytherins were getting accused of things from other houses , the house of the bad people . Draco Malfoy seemed to be his usual self . Gleaming with pride . ' I'm glad things are finally been getting done!' Harry had heard Draco say to Crabbe and Goyle as he walked by in the corridors .

Transitions class hadn't gone too well . Harry had been late to class , as was Draco , neither of them were punished . Professor McGonagall seemed to be in a good mood and she let it slide this once . Draco had been staring at Harry during the entire class , confusion written deep in his grey eyes . Harry could feel his burning hatred shining on him like a very close sun on his face . It was hard not to look back . Draco never looked at Harry in Transfiguration class before . He usually ignored Harry by focusing on his work or on the table in front of his , but never at Harry . Until now .

' I would like to get started with this activity now , if you will listen !' She stopped and looked sternly down at Draco and Pansy . They stopped talking . ' Thank you . Now I would like to assign you partners ' She smiled when everyone sighed . ' Mr Longbottom and Mr Zabini , Ms Granger and Mr Weasley , Ms Parkinson and Mr Goyle , Mr Potter and Mr Malfoy ' She continued reading the names . 'My lucky day ' Harry said under his breath as he slouched back in his chair . He looked at Draco who seemed to be whisper arguing with Pansy . ' Now you may go to your partners and await further instructions ' Professor McGonagall ordered .

Harry looked at Draco again and he seemed to have lost the argument . Harry grabbed his book and moved to the opposite side to where Draco sat . He say on the edge of the empty seat next to Draco . ' Don't worry I don't bite ' Draco smirked , noticing how Harry was trying to stay away from him . Draco turned to him . Harry didn't know what to say . ' Cat got your tongue , Potter ?' Draco seemed to be intimidating Harry . ' Shut up , Malfoy ' Harry replied . Harry looked up at Draco . He studied the boys face , his soft skin , his beautiful grey eyes , his pointed chin and his famous Malfoy Smirk . His platinum blonde hair had fallen on top of his face , covering his eyes , though Draco didn't seem bothered to move his hair from his face . Harry looked back at the table and smiled to himself .

' Now , this project is to turn these gold coins into Goblets ' Professor McGonagall said . ' Can we keep the gold coin ?' Dean asked . ' If you wish ' Professor McGonagall smiled once again . ' Do you want to keep my golden coin , Potter ? It's not like I need it perhaps you could give it to your Weasley friend so he can buy himself some decent robes ' Draco spoke the language fluently . The language of the Malfoys . ' Perhaps you should hold onto it , Malfoy . With your father in Azkaban whose going to buy all those state of the art broomsticks for the Slytherin quidditch team ?' Harry turned away from Draco . ' Atleast my parents are alive ! ' Draco said maybe a bit too loud . ' Atleast my parents loved me !' Harry replied back . All eyes in the room were on them . Draco opened his mouth to speak but Professor McGonagall spoke up first . ' Mr Potter , Mr Malfoy I shall see you both in my office at 6pm tonight for detention . ' Professor we didn't do anything !' Harry shouted back . ' I would advise you stay quiet and calm unless you want me to give you both double !' Professor McGonagall said impatiently . Draco slouched back in his chair , very annoyed but he managed to keep his mouth shut though Harry could see that we was struggling . Draco must really not want another detention with Harry if he's willing to keep quiet . They hadn't had a detention together since 1st year when they were sent out into the forbidden forest to find the unicorn killer . ' Thank you , Potter ' Draco muttered quietly , obviously not meaning it . ' It was all you , Malfoy ' Harry replied .

•^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^•

New chapter every Wednesday !!
Come back next Wednesday for Chapter 3 !