Chapter 11 ' One of us had to fall for the other eventually '

It was the weekend . Only a week left until the first Hogsmeade trip of the year . Harry sat in the library with Hermione .
' We're only here for some light reading ' Hermiome said , walking over to the shelves and levitating different books off the shelves .
' I'm not sure that book is for light reading ' Harry mocked , pointing to a huge book that must have at least a thousand pages in it . Hermione rolled her eyes .
' Where's Ron ? He was here a minute ago ' Hermione asked , suddenly realizing Ron was gone . Harry laughed .
' He's been gone for 10 minutes now , Hermione . He's gone to the owlery to collect his post ' Harry said .
' Oh , he didn't think I would notice that he's gone ?' Hermione said , dropping all the books onto the table Harry was sitting at . It made a loud bang and the table shook . Hermione pulled out a chair and sat down quickly .
' Well I need to talk to you alone anyways ' Hermione said nervously .
Harry raised an eyebrow . ' What is it ?' He inquired , curious to hear what Hermione needed to say to just Harry . Normally she talked to Harry and Ron together , but now she seemed to only want to say this to Harry .
' Mum's in the hospital !' Ron shouted , bursting through the library doors and running towards Harry and Hermione .
' What happened ?' Harry asked , turning to face Ron and forgetting all about Hermione .
' Death eaters ' Ron said with anger . ' They attacked out house . Mum tried to fight them off but one of them attacked her and they left ' Ron said , panicking .
' Do you know who it was that attacked her ?' Hermiome asked . Harry turned to Hermione for a second , forgetting that she was there .
' Malfoy ' Ron said through gritted teeth . Harry turned back to Ron .
' Draco was there ?' Harry asked .
' No , not Draco . Lucius Malfoy ' Ron answered .
'Why would Draco be at a death eater attack . He's not a death eater ' Hermione asked Harry .
' He is a death eater actually ' Harry corrected her . Ron looked at Harry wondering why Harry would think that .
' We can talk about that later . Dumbledores letting us go to the hospital to see mum for a while ' Ron said standing up . Hermione looked at Harry , annoyed that she didn't get to talk to him , before she stood up to follow Ron . Harry stayed sitting for a moment longer , not realising his friends were waiting for him .

' What do you reckon happened ?' Ron asked as they headed to the Gryffindor common room . They had just got back from visiting Molly in the hospital after she was attacked by death eaters .
' What do you mean ?' Hermione asked .
' Well it might've been a random attack , or maybe they specifically targeted us ' Ron shrugged .
' I'd guess it was a random attack ' Harry said , joining the conversation .
' It could be but they know where we live , they must've recognised it when they were planning the attack ' Ron replied .
' Maybe it wasn't planned at all ' Harry suggested .
' Did Molly mention the Dark One ?' Hermione asked curiously .
' I think so ' Ron said , thinking . ' It must be the Dark Ones plans ' Ron said , deep in thought .

Ron had gone to sleep and left Hermione and Harry alone in the common room .
' I need to talk to you , Harry ' Hermione said again , hoping this time she wouldn't be interrupted .
' Sure . Go on ' Harry said , turning to face her and give her his attention .
' It's been a while and well -' She was interrupted . Again .
' What a day !' Ginny said , falling into the couch next to Harry and Hermione . Hermione sighed .
' I guess so ' Harry shrugged . He felt uncomfortable around Ginny now that he knew he wasn't attracted to her . He knew she really liked him and that she thought he liked her back but he didn't , he really didn't . Hermione just smiled at Ginny . She was frustrated that she kept getting interrupted .

' I'm going to bed ' Hermione said , after a long conversation with Ginny and Harry . She was up too late . She handed a note to Harry as she walked by , careful that Ginny didn't see .
Meet me tomorrow at 9 on the Quidditch pitch . Harry read the note . He was confused . What was so important ?
' It's getting late we should probably head to bed too ' Harry said to Ginny . If he wanted to get up on a Sunday morning at 9 he would need to sleep soon .
' Yeah your right . Goodnight , Harry ' Ginny said , smiling politely as she made her way to the girls dormitories . Harry went up to his room . The others were all asleep . Harry grabbed his marauders map from his bedside table and sat on his bed .
' I solemnly swear I have been up to no good ' Harry whispered to the map , which made it open . Harry scanned over the building quickly , searching for the tag "Malfoy" . He found Draco in his room in the dungeons , but the tag was moving slightly , Draco was still awake . Harry wondered what he was doing . Maybe the same reason Harry was still awake ? Harry sighed and put the marauders map back on the table .

' You wanted to see me ?' Harry asked , as he approached Hermione in the Quidditch pitch . She turned around quick when she heard him speak , and she smiled .
' I thought it might've been a bit early ' Hermione joked .
' Just a little bit ' Harry replied with a nervous smile . ' Is there something wrong ?' Harry asked , moving onto the reason they were both here so early .
' Oh yes ' Hermione started , nervously . ' Well we've known each other 5 years . Your a boy , and I'm a girl . One of us had to fall for the other eventually , and well it happened ' Hermione said , watching Harry's expressions carefully .

Was Hermione telling Harry that she was falling for him ? Harry was panicking on the inside . He knew Ron had a thing for Hermione and he also knew he had a thing for Draco , whether he liked it or not . What could he say to Hermione without hurting her ? They were bestfriends , he didn't want to lose her .
' Hermione I don't know what to say ' Harry said , feeling very uncomfortable .
' You don't have to say anything . I just needed to say it . If you don't feel the same way just say it ' Hermione was starting to feel disappointed .
Harry paused for a moment . He felt so useless , standing there in the middle of the Quidditch pitch .
' I do ' Harry said quickly , not meaning to . ' I do feel the same way ' He added . What was he saying ? He didn't feel the same way . He was lying . It was too late now to change his answer .
Hermione smiled . ' Are you sure ?' She asked , hopefully .
' Yes , I'm sure ' Harry lied . He hated lying but he had no choice , he couldn't hurt her . Maybe this would be a great way of covering up the fact that he was falling for Draco . And hopefully he would lose interest in Draco and perhaps return Hermione's feelings . Ginny would be crushed .
No matter what Harry did in this situation, someone would be unhappy . In his choice , the unhappy person was him and Ginny .