Chapter 2

The next day was the same apart from the point where Hugo appeared outside the shop once my shift was over for the day. Hugo is a year older than me and he arrived in Ireland a few years ago with his family who are also fish mongers and have become friends with my family. Hugo seems to have taken an interest in me. I can't see why when I am plain looking and he isn't. He has a mixture of blonde and black styled hair, his build is lean with being a fish monger and he is the most handsome boy I have seen in Ireland.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you for a few weeks and wanted to see how you were and ask you if you were free to go out some time this week," Hugo explained and I rolled my eyes. He has been asking me out ever since we first met. I have always said no because I am not interesting in going out with anyone and I barely have the time for myself, how can I make time for a boyfriend?

"I'm not free this week, I have work," I brushed Hugo off.

"Come on Alyssa, go out on one date with me," Hugo groaned at my answer. "If you don't like me after then I will leave you alone forever. What have you got to lose?"

"Nothing," I replied without thinking and Hugo smiled.

"Then you are free to see me Thursday after work aren't you? I'll pick you up at 5, bye," Hugo rushed out and left before I could protest.

What the hell just happened? Hugo just managed to get me to agree to go out with him. How could I have let that happen?

I rushed home and went straight up to my room to think. I jumped onto my bed and lay down. It's been a long time since I was last asked out. Why did Hugo ask me out? Why has he waited this long? I know he's liked me, it's not been a secret but why wait? Maybe he was scared of rejection or wasn't confident enough to ask me but now he is and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to date anyone. And Hugo? Really? What is he thinking asking me out? He is gorgeous and can have any girl he wants but he seems to want me and got me to agree to a date without answering him 'yes'. He must have a lot of experience with girls to be able to do that. Although, I have never seen him with a girl or mention a girlfriend in all the time I have known him.

I really don't know what to do about this. I'm not looking for a relationship but now I have the opportunity, I guess I could consider it. I mean it's only a date right? Hugo hasn't asked me to marry him or something. Maybe I could go out with him and see what happens. I mean I have nothing to lose or have I?

Before I could think about what I could lose from dating Hugo, my phone buzzed. I looked at the screen and saw I had received a text from an unknown number.

Hey Alyssa, it's me Hugo. I'm just confirming our date for Thursday was what the text read.

Wtf! How the hell did Hugo get my number? I don't remember giving him it.

I don't remember giving you my number, how did you get it? was my reply.

Your Mum was kind enough to give me it when I asked for it.

Wtf would my Mum give my number to Hugo so easily. I'm going to be having a good stern word with her later. She can't just go giving out my number to anyone who asks.

I guess I'll see you Thursday then was Hugo's text when I didn't reply.

I guess I replied without thinking before switching my phone off to think about what the hell had just happened and how I was going to confront my Mum about it.

I got out of bed and went downstairs where I knew my Mum would be with Dad watching TV or something.

I found Mum in the living room reading a magazine.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"He's gone to bed," Mum replied when she looked up from her magazine a few seconds later.

"Good, it means we can talk,"

"Talk about what?" Mum asked in confusion. "Is everything alright?"

"It was before you messed it up," I spat out.

"Me? What did I do? I don't know what you are talking about,"

"Oh really? So it wasn't you who gave my number to Hugo?"

Mum didn't answer meaning she was busted not that she already wasn't, Hugo had already told me my Mum was the one to give him my number.

"How could you?" I demanded.

"I...... Hugo's a nice boy, he's good for you," Mum tried to defend herself. "I didn't think there would be any harm in letting him have your number when he kindly asked for it,"

"That's not for you to decide. In case you didn't notice, I am a grown woman not 5 years old and I make my own decisions,"

"I'm sorry," Mum apologised. "I promise I won't give your number to anyone again without your say so,"

"You'd better not or I won't forgive you," I sighed and took a seat beside Mum on the couch.

"So are you going out with him or not?" Mum asked curiously and I gave her the glare. "I was only asking,"

"Well don't," I snapped before I left the room.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for more updates!