Chapter 3

Thursday, the day of my date with Hugo arrived and I grew nervous. I really don't want to go on a date with Hugo. My past experiences with boys have always been short and not worth remembering because the boys weren't serious about me, they just wanted to brag to their friends they had gone on a date with me or kissed me. Hugo is different though, he has liked me since we met but I am not interested in dating him.

I am still a little mad a Mum for giving my number to Hugo without asking me first. She didn't have the right to do that, it's me who has to deal with the consequences of her actions not her. It's my life so why did she interfere? It's already more than enough that I am forced to work in the family business and live at the family home until I marry but trying to control my love life is a step too far and I won't tolerate it. My personal life is none of my Mum's business until I want it to be. I am no longer a child. I hate how parents treat you like a child your whole life. It's like to them you are a child forever even though they see you growing older right in front of their eyes. I guess it's natural. No matter how old you are, your parents will always see you as their child but it's so annoying.

If I am not really interested in dating Hugo then maybe I should give him a call and cancel. Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

I grabbed my phone and selected Hugo's number before touching the call option and waited for him to answer.

"Hi Alyssa. I'm glad you called, I was just about to call you to confirm our date later today,"

"Actually I-" I began to say but Hugo cut me off.

"So will you be wearing a dress to our date?"

"Hell no," I replied quickly. Me in a dress? I don't think so. Wearing a dress would require me to shave my legs and that's not something I enjoy doing. I don't know how some girls can wear dresses every day with nicely shaven legs. I really don't know what I am going to wear to the date but it definitely won't be a dress as I don't own any. Well..... I do own some but I never wear them with bear legs, I always wear jeans, leggings or tights underneath. There is no way I am wearing one to the date with Hugo if I end up going which I don't think I will. I need to tell Hugo this if he'll give me a chance to.

"Why not?"

"I hate dresses,"

"That's a shame," Hugo commented. "I think you would look good in one,"

Without thinking about it, I blushed at Hugo's words. Thank goodness he can't see me or he would be commenting about my reddening cheeks right now.

"Anyway, I'll see you at 5,"

"Bye," I agreed before hanging up. What the hell? I was supposed to cancel our date but I couldn't even do that. Looks like I have a date with Hugo after all. Damn!

***

Later that day, I was all dressed and ready for my date with Hugo. I said I wouldn't wear a dress but I ended up wearing a shirt dress, jeans with flats and a jacket. Hugo's going to love it. I hope.

What am I thinking? I didn't want to go on this date in the first place. Hugo has managed to get me to say yes so I shouldn't really care what he thinks of my appearance when he sees me any second now.

"Alyssa? Your boyfriend is here so he is," Adam called me down when I heard the doorbell ring. I hurriedly checked myself in the mirror before rushing down the stairs. By the time I reached the bottom, Hugo was stood beside my parents. Adam was standing there too with a smirk on his face. I'm going to kill him later.

"You look nice," Hugo complimented with warm eyes when I was stood in front of him. I didn't miss the way he eyed me up and down with a satisfied smile. "Shall we go?"