Chapter 7

I woke up smiling the next day as I remembered what Hugo had asked me and what my answer had been. I now have a boyfriend. My first proper boyfriend. I can't believe it. I wonder if I will see him today. I hope I do. It would be amazing if I did because it would mean I'd get to have a kiss from him. I seem to be obsessed with his kisses and his lips in general, they are very skilled.

I thought about seeing Mum to see if she felt better after she wasn't feeling well but my parents weren't awake yet and it was my job to cook breakfast for the family. Adam was already up though and was waiting at the dining table to be fed like he was every morning. He's not a baby, he could make breakfast himself. Typical boys, never lift a finger and expect the women to do everything for them.

"Morning sis," Adam greeted me sweetly. "What's for breakfast?"

"I have no idea," I replied. "What do you want?"

"My favourite cereal of course,"

"Your favourite cereal doesn't require any cooking. All you need to do is put some into a bowl and add milk before eating with a spoon. In fact, you can do that right now,"

"But-" Adam began to argue.

"No but's," I cut my brother off. Adam groaned before doing as I had said. I couldn't be bothered to cook so I took out 3 bowls, spoons and picked out a cereal from the cupboard before setting the table. I grabbed the milk from Adam once he was done with it and began my breakfast.

It wasn't long before Dad joined us.

"How's Mum?" I asked.

"She's feeling a lot better but it's best if she stays in bed for the rest of the day to make sure," Dad replied.

"Of course," I agreed. "Do you want to take breakfast up to her?"

"Yes thanks," Dad said before he prepared two bowls of cereal and disappeared upstairs with them leaving Adam and I alone to finish our breakfast.

Adam left for school with his friend by which time Dad returned so we could head out for the morning's catch together. I could have done it alone with all my years of experience working as a fish monger but Dad insisted he come along as Mum was better.

It was weird without Mum that day but it was a very productive and busy day leaving little time to think of Mum.

When we arrived home, I was expecting to see Mum downstairs at least to greet us but there was no sign of her and I grew worried. I was going to go up to see her but Dad went instead. He didn't return which meant it was down to me to get dinner on. This time I couldn't not cook anything but I didn't plan on something big, I decided on something quick and simple like a chip butty. I only made a single round of chips and stuffed some buns with them and laid out the table. Adam dug in happily after applying some brown sauce. I added ketchup to mine before taking a bite after I had called Dad down.

Dad again got 2 plates prepared and headed back upstairs after saying Mum was better just a little tired, she should be down tomorrow. I gave a sigh of relief. I was really worried about Mum but she was recovering which was good news.

After dinner, I cleared up then watched a little T.V with Adam before we both headed to bed. It had been a long day.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow me and add this story to your library to get a notification for the next update!