Chapter 3: Noticing You

"I wanted it all, didn't expect it to fall, must be an affliction"

Song: ZAYN - Too much ft Timbaland

Phoenix

"No excuses. I want it done."

I'm a simple man. I like things done fast, quick and efficient. Wouldn't say I've had a difficult life, but it's had its moments, ups and downs. But I refuse to be nothing but the best.

"Sir, you're car is here"

"Let's go"

If I was to say I like going to these events, that would be a blatant lie

If I was to say I like going to these events, that would be a blatant lie. Nothing but a pool of leeches, men and women, every year the same and a waste of time.

However appearances are important, exclusive events, galas, charity events are important for business, it allows me to analyse potential competition and sniff out those who try to pull one over me.

Like I said leeches everywhere.

"Ralph, this event, Is it for the St Bernard's Hospital fundraiser?"

"Yes Sir, I went over the guest list as per usual and found a particular someone on the list we've been looking for.."

"So the snake decides to finally show his face. Does he know I'll be there?"

"No sir, you're attendance is unknown as per usual"

"Good. I want the security team there before I even enter that building"

"Ralph?"

"Yes Sir?"

"I want him gone"

"Of course"

Tia

"Grace are we here?"

"Yes dear"

"Wow this is amazing Grace, it's ...beautiful"

"Isn't it just?"

"Isn't it just?"

To say the least I was overwhelmed...nervous and excited ?

"Grace what kind of event is this?"

"It's for the hospital dear, all the board members, heads of the different department and benefactors attend this gala, it only happens once every two years..."

"To raise money for the hospital?"

"Yes, as well as research, public health programs, scholarships, internships...the list goes on, its a very important event, even politicians and celebrities attend... You might even meet someone?"

I swear I love Grace, but sometimes she makes me crazy!!

"It's beautiful in there Grace, should I really be here ? I mean..."

"Nope..sshhh, that's enough we're going in... That reminds me I need to head to the loo, I'll meet you in there sweetie"

"But...Gra-"

A few minutes later.......

How long does it take?? Seriously just to pee!

"You look stunning"

"I'm so sorry, am I in you're wa-"

"Ms Rose, it's a pleasure to see you again"

My mouth hangs in shock, he looks so different from his usual attire, not that I would expect anything less.....

My mouth hangs in shock, he looks so different from his usual attire, not that I would  expect anything less

"Thank you Doctor, you as well...I mean— you-well, are—-...so Yes, I'm sorry..*breathe Tia* thank you Doctor"

"Leo, call me Leo, Tia"

———————————————————————

Phoenix

"Ralph ?"

"Yes Sir"

"Who...is that ?"

Ralph turns his head towards the main floor of the ball room .

"That Sir, is Dr Amadeer, head of the surgical and Cancer..."

"I know who that is...I'm talking about her, who is she ?"

" My apologies Sir, I must have missed her on the list"

" Ralph ?"

"Yes sir"

"I want her"

.......