Part 5

I follow Gobber happily as he tells me about my room. you forget how much you love someone until you haven't seen them in forever.

"oh Gala your going to either be really happy or really mad about what I did to your room, hopfully happy though," Gobber says dragging me inside his hut. I pull the hidden lever and my door pops out, I head in to see a very familiar room.

"Daddy," I say turning to him with tears as I take in my old room "you did all this not even knowing I was going to come back?"

"I always knew you would come back Gala, so I wanted you to feel at home when you did," Gobber says smiling. I hug him wrapping my good wing around him as I laugh and cry.

"there you are," Erit says dryly as he walks into my room I sigh using my sleeve I clean my face.

"Well there goes my plan of avoiding you," I joke gaining a belly laugh from Gobber and a glair from Erit.

"like you could hide from me for long," he scuffs rolling his eyes in the process.

"was that a challenge?" Gobber asks raising his eyebrows "because my moneys for Gala."

I giggle as gobber messes up my hair before catching myself looking over at a confused Erit.

"Did you just giggle?" he asks.

"so what if I did? I'm still human?" I say then seeing the look on his face I realize he doesn't think so.

"Ya, human. Sure, we'll call you that," he says and i feel my pupils dilate into small slits as I growl.

"Gala he's just trying to get a reaction," gobber says his hand finding my shoulder. I smile my eyes still not going back to normal.

"your right, I should just pretend he's not there," I say and Erit looks at me fearfully but doesn't dare break eye contact even with my chilling glair.

"Erit you do know not to look a dragon in the eyes right?" Gobber says "Gala does have some problems when it comes to temper and dominance." that makes Erit look even more scared.

"ya boy better look away before you figure out how I got my reputation," I say tilting my head slightly. Erit looks away seeming uncomfortable. I look over at gobber and we both start laughing. "Oh Gods you should have seen your face!" I giggle trying to stop my laughter.

"Wait what?" Erit asks confused.

"Oh Dad that was a good one, did you honestly think id waist energy on you?" I ask smiling "And really? Mr. look how big and tough I am I can take down dragons, your scared of little old me?"

"sorry its hard to stay brave when your in a room with a monster," Erit growls causing all laughter to die "what did I hurt your feelings? oh wait you don't have any!"

"that's enough," I say looking away.

"Or what you'll have a temper tantrum and attack me? please, like you would even dare show the village the hideous truth about-" he stops when he looks at me and I'm shaking with rage and hurt.

"Gala, Calm down sweetie none of that's true," Gobber says and I snarl unable to stop myself from losing control.

"Gobber what's happening?" Erit asks.

"shes lost control Erit, she has a mental problem that effects her when she gets too upset," Gobber spits at him. I suddenly run out the door before anyone can stop me. "Gala!" Gobber yells "wait!"

I turn down a road my claws extended and trip over a toy. I look over at the group of frightened kids and purr, ive always liked kids. One of them walks up to me slowly and grabs his toy.

"Sorry," he says looking down. his voice is too cute.

Erit's pov

"You know this is all your fault right?" Gobber says "If she flew off we will never see her again."

"She hurt her wing remember she cant fly," I say then I hear a child's scream and run towards the sound knowing it has something to do with Gala. I turn the corner to see the most horrifying sight Gala is on top of a helpless child attacking them. I run over and tackle her off hearing a savage snarl as I do so.

"Erit stop!" Gobber yells running up.

"Ya whats the big deal man?" Gala growls from underneath me "I wasn't even doing anything wrong!"

"I just saw you on top of a child!" I yell.

"Ya and now ive lost him thanks now ive got to find him all over again," Gala says shoving me off and looking around "now if I was a knee high child where would I hide?" she smiles looking over at a bail of hay. "Well since no ones here," she says hearing giggles she jumps over causing the children to scream and run to other hiding spots.

"There playing hide and seek?" I breath in realization.

"Gala always did love kids," Gobber says smiling at his adoptive daughter.

"Ya sure, Play times over," I say grabbing Gala as she chases a kid laughing.

"What? Why?" Everyone says together.

"Because Gala your dangerous and my responsibility," I say "And I dont think hiccup would be ok with you around the village children."

"But we were having fun," a boy whines.

"ya, why are grown ups so mean?" another says.

"I'm not mean I'm protecting you from this monster," I say crossing my arms.

"Monster?" A girl asks hiding behind Gala.

"Erit you should stop," Gala says "Your scaring them."

"Says the child eater," I say giving her a pointed look. she looks confused at my remark. "ya, she eats kids," I say to some of the kids that look skeptical.

"Gala doesn't eat kids," the girl behind Gala says laughing.

"I don't know all that running has sure made me hungry," Gala says tickling the little girl pretending to bite her before grabbing another who squeals with laughter. I growl rolling my eyes before I'm knocked over by a laughing Gala who looks down at me and stops moving completely before slowly getting up. "i'm so sorry are you ok?" She asks looking me over.

"I'm fine," I say shrugging her off and walking away right past a laughing Gobber.