7

Gala's POV
Why on earth would he keep that old diary for? It's all junk. I would know I wrote it. That book could burn in flames and I'd be perfectly fine with that. I look down at Erit and see him talking to himself. He hates me. And I guess I know why.

When I was young maybe ten or eleven I came across a man plotting his sons murder. I learned his name after I killed him. Erit and he was a dragon hunter apparently. I killed him how he was planning on killing his son, with fire. But the son saw me, I didn't have time to explain myself before he ran screaming. That was the first time I ever killed someone intentionally. But that's what I do. Kill bad people.

Why can no one see that? Everyone I've killed was a horrible person.

I swoop down and land next to Erit walking with him. He stops talking and looks at me strangely before looking away quickly. I look over at him and sigh. He looks a lot like his father maybe that's why they named him after his father.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Erit says after a few minutes.

"Sorry," I say looking away and shrinking. I learned that it makes angry men feel better when I do this. It helped my real father when he was mad watching a powerful monster cower at a glance.

"What's wrong with you stand up and answer the question," Erit says blocking my path. I shrink more into myself showing submission.

"I was just looking at you," I say looking up at him quickly and flinch when he raises his hand probably to hit me for being dumb. He freezes at my reaction.

"Wow what was that calm down," he says backing up "what's wrong with you?"

"Sorry father used to stop being as mean when I did this. Does that not work for you as well?" I ask looking up at him straightening myself "I'll stand up, better? Please don't hit me."

Erit's POV
What on earth is she talking about? Why would she... did Stoic(Sorry if I spelt the name wrong) hit her? Surely not right? I wouldn't hit a woman even if it was the spitfire unless she came at me first and even then I'd probably run way.

"What are you talking about?" She can't be serious.

"Your mad at me, I'm making you feel better I'm showing I'm scared. Do you not like that?" She asks. This has to be a joke she's messing around... right?

"Why would I like that?" I ask confused.

"Well father did and most dragon hunters like to see fear in there victims eyes. It makes them feel powerful then they aren't so mad anymore," she says suddenly looking very small. She was abused? What?! No way! I grab her arm and walk as fast as possible to Gobber's home and shop. He notices us as we walk up and gives me an angry look seeing me drag his daughter.

"What do you think your doing holding my baby like that?" He growls.

"Did Stoic hurt her?!" I ask ignoring him.

"What?" Gobber says looking shocked at my question.

"You heard me," I say looking him in the eye. Gobber looks at Gala sadly and then back at me.

"Yes Erit," he sighs looking back at Gala as she walks over to him "Stoic hurt her. Both emotionally and physically. But she still loved him for some reason. She looked up to him and would follow him around sometimes like a lost puppy. But he hated her because of what she was. Heck when she was young he tried to let her burn in a dragon fire. I saved her, that's when I claimed her as my non biological daughter." Gala purrs hugging her dad in a loving way.

"Does anyone else know of this?" I ask running a hand threw my hair.

"Most people who knew her as a child did," Gobber says.

"Don't worry about it Erit it was a long time ago," Gala says "plus what will worrying about it now do?" I just stair at her. She can't be serious.