Six

Gala's pov
I watch Erit walk off and cringe. I messed up this time for sure. I look over at Gobber who smiles.

"Gala let's play another round!" Sara says jumping up and down.

"Actually I think Gala's done for today kids," Gobber says coming over "she will come play tomorrow though ok?" The kids nod happily and run off.

"Thanks Dad," I say standing up and stretching my wings well I stretch my good wing the other just pitifully lifts slightly off the ground.

"Oh no need to thank me. But we should probably go look for Erit," he sighs "he is supposed to stay close at all times."

"He's mad at me right now," I say looking away and scratching the back of my head "I think we should give him space."

"If Hiccup finds out you are not with him you both could get in trouble," Gobber points out crossing his arms.

"Fine," I sigh walking to the direction Erit slipped off to. I smell the air catching his scent and following that.

Erit's pov
I walk to my secret hide away. Witch is literally just an old ship reck I found one day and have claimed it as mine. I go inside and sit down running my hands threw my hair.

"Why did Hiccup have put me in charge of her?" I say to myself throwing a knife at the wall "we both hate each other! And on top of that she killed my father! She's evil and no one sees that but me. Why?! Why, why, why, why, why?!?"

"You know for a professional dragon hunter your quite bad at hiding your scent. And pretty much deaf," I hear and scream in a very manly way...I guess. I turn and see Gala standing there with an amused look on her face.

"You know I really like this place, I used to come here when I was young with Gobber," she says looking around her pupils large as she takes in the ship.

"Oh ya prove it," I say crossing my arms. She can not have my spot.

"There is a treasure chest over in that room," she says pointing to a room I know for certain is locked.

"And how do you know that I've never been able to get in there," I say raising my eyebrow.

"You haven't?" She asks looking surprised "it's a simple puzzle." She walks over to the door and pressed on two different panels then turns the knob opening the door.

"What?!?" I yell running over and looking in and sure enough there is the treasure chest.

"See," she says rolling her eyes "I wouldn't go in if I was you though."

"Oh and why not?" I shoot back. She smirks and walks into the room opening her wing to prevent a sharp object to hit her then walks back with it in her hand.

"If you want you can go in but I wouldn't recommend you letting one of these hit your skin. It's covered in venom," she says holding it up for me to see.

"What's inside there," I ask looking into the room.

"Jewelry mostly," she says "and some other things too." She looks over at the room then at me "you can look if you'd like but I've got to be there too so you don't get hit."

"And how do I know your not going to send me in there and kill me?" I growl not trusting her in the slightest.

"All I've got is my word but if you don't trust me you can always just stay out," she says shrugging before looking out a hole in a wall.

"Ok I'll bite, what are you planning on getting out of this?" I ask cautiously.

"I wasn't planning on asking for anything," the spitfire says smiling as she looks over at me "but if I was going to name a price I would need your first born." I gasp and back up a step as she bursts out laughing at my reaction.

"And what do you find funny about that!" I ask accusingly.

"you thought I was serious?" She asks with humor "I have no need for a child nor would I steel yours for a short trip into a room with a jewelry box in it."

"Sure," I mumble walking over to the room she walks in first holding her wings out to create a path for me to walk towards her. I hesitate before taking a few steps into the room following the spitfire as she smiles at me backing into the room before turning to make me face the chest.

"It shouldn't be locked so go ahead and open it," she says and I do curious to see what's left in it. I'm surprised to see gold jewelry and gems of all kinds, but the most interesting thing in the case would be the notebook set in the center of it all.

"What's this?" I ask picking it up.

"Oh that's mine," she says smiling softly "every little girl gets a diary at one point right?"

"Your diary?" I ask looking back at her seeing her blush softly and shrug.

"I was a lonely child who had no one to talk to other then her father that was my only real friend to talk to," she says rubbing the back of her neck "back then I had horrible handwriting. My grammar was bad too and it was all simple sentences now that I think about it. But most children think in simple sentences don't they?"

"I guess," I say looking down at the little notebook in my hands and open it to the first page.
Dear justice,
That's the name I gave you. Justice. I think it's good. Daddy gave me you today. I was so happy. Your my new friend ok. I'll tell you secrets and we can pretend I'm normal. It'll be great. I've got to go now daddy says we are going to go home for dinner.

Gala🖤
"Wow," I say "you were right that's bad."

"I was like six," she says rolling her eyes "to me it sounded good."

"Can I keep this?" I ask I want it to try to learn more about her. So I can learn her weaknesses and her strengths.

"I mean if you want to sure," she says giving me an odd look "but it's all junk."

"We should head back before it gets to dark," I say after she leads me out of the room and closes the door.

"Whatever you say Erit," the spitfire says opening her wings "I'd ask if you wanted a lift but my wing isn't completely better yet so sorry I can't fly you back." I roll my eyes waving her off and start walking as she flies above me.