Her.

I'M BACKKKK (hopefully I'll stick with it this time lol)

A/N: Can you guys please let me know if you have a preference between first (I) vs second (you) person for these imagines? I've just realized that I write most of them in first person, and a lot of other ones I read are exclusively in second...
So yeah, please let me know if you'd rather me write in second person and I'll happily switch it over.

In saying all of that, this imagine isn't in Y/N's POV anyway, so HA jokes on me (but seriously please give feedback it's been eating away at me for a while).

Also, this is the start of a VERY long miniseries, so I apologise if you prefer the oneshot type imagines (I'll get back onto writing more of those, don't worry, I have so many drafts saved that I just can't seem to get right)

***

Newt's POV

The breeze tickles my closed eyes, shifting the hair around my face. My fingers graze the grass, curling around the individual blades as my consciousness slowly develops. I hear very little around me, only broken by the occasional hum of another boy nearby. Laying on my back, I can tell how bright it is wherever I am, despite my eyelids blocking the light.

Wherever I am.

My eyes shoot open and I sit up instantly, ignoring the dizziness caused by my sudden movement. Where am I? How did I get here?

Questions fill my mind, passing unanswered almost as fast as they appear, as I look around the walled field to take in my surroundings. I don't recognize anything around me: not the walls, the trees that thicken beyond my vision, the metal shaft behind me, the small hut ahead of me, the tiny farm off to the corner, or the other boys sitting dazedly around me. All of these unanswered questions sets my heart racing, but only one of them sticks.

"Who are you?" One of the boys finally speaks up with an attempted confidence that fails miserably.

I look in his direction, and see another boy standing above me with his hands crossed over his body protectively. His hair stands up perfectly, and his slanted eyes are squinted to examine me. To my left, a dark-skinned boy raises to stand curiously as the other boys begin to stir.

"Newton." My own voice fills my ears before I manage to process what I am saying. Newton? Is that my name? "I'm Newton." I conclude, more to myself than the squinting boy.

He frowns slightly down at me as I begin to stand up, until I tower over the boy myself. "Minho," he states skeptically, giving up on examining my thin frame and instead side-eyeing the darker boy moving toward us.

"I'm Albert." He says, his voice far deeper than mine, exuding an air of authority I didn't think was possible in this confusion.

"Well, Alby..." The first boy... Minho... raises his eyebrows cockily, testing the natural leadership Albert exerts. "What is this place?"

His demeaning nickname and challenge would've seemed aggressive if it weren't for the small smirk betraying his otherwise serious face. How that boy manages to find humor in such a situation stuns me.

"It seems like..." Albert looks around the field, furrowing his brows in concern as his sentence trails off. The other boys around us have all risen by now, the thirty-odd looking around and murmuring among each other and slowly forming more of a huddle around the three of us. "I have no idea." Albert sighs, noticeably defeated.

"I... I don't remember anything!" An exclamation reaches my ears over the crowd, but I can't manage to connect a face to the panicked voice.

"Me neither..."