1.4

Once the shampoo is all washed out, Seokjin gently pushes Namjoon's wet hair back so it's out of his eyes, giving him a playfully surprised expression like they're playing peekaboo and grinning as he giggles.  He spends a few seconds just looking at him, moving his hand down to trace his thumb over the apple of his cheek, rosy with his smiling and the warmth of the water, and feeling pure adoration squeeze his chest.
"You ready to get out now, baby?" Seokjin asks, voice soft, "We'll go sit in the living room with all the others and watch whatever Joonie wants.  And daddy will call dada to come down too, yeah? Does that sound good?"
Namjoon nods, perking up significantly at the mention of Yoongi being there too - specifically as 'dada' rather than the stressful presense he's probably been for the past few weeks.  Seokjin really hopes that things will go smoothly; he isn't sure how he would deal with Yoongi refusing or being distant, or Namjoon resenting him for what's been going on.  At least he knows that Namjoon won't resent the others - he had never resented Taehyung, despite everything.  So he'll have a safe space, caregivers he can trust, even if Yoongi and Seokjin are on shaky footing.

Gently, Seokjin lifts Namjoon out of the tub and wraps him tightly in the softest towel he could find, fluffy and baby pink in colour.  Namjoon squeals in delight and holds onto it, keeping it wrapped up, and Seokjin leans back and places his hands on his cheeks, gasping theatrically.
"It's a Joonie burrito!" he says, "The fluffiest and cosiest and yummiest burrito in the whole wide world! Daddy could just eat you up.  Is he allowed? Can daddy just have a nibble?"
He nips playfully at the damp exposed skin of Namjoon's neck, not even hard enough for his teeth to make contact, but Namjoon wriggles and shrieks in delight nonetheless, breathless with giggles as Seokjin finally begins to dry him properly.  Once he's mostly done, and Namjoon's hair is damp and fluffy rather than dripping, he wraps him back up in the towel and picks him up bridal style so he can be cosy as he brings him back to his and Yoongi's room.

Seokjin sets him down gently on his bed and presses a kiss to his forehead and nose before he makes his way over to the walk-in wardrobe, where all of Namjoon's 'little' things - except for the few that are in his and Taehyung's wardrobe - are kept.  They're not hidden anymore, not under lock and key under Namjoon's bed as they were at the start, and are instead tucked to the side a little apart from Seokjin's clothes for convenient access whenever they're needed, kept clean and fresh and well-loved.  The clothes mostly consist of pyjamas and lounge clothes, anything pastel and colourful and soft, but there are a few comfy, oversized hoodies for when they have to go out while Namjoon's in headspace, and pretty skirts and dresses that he still isn't confident enough to wear outside of the bedroom.  Seokjin begins to rifle through the pyjamas, searching for a specific pair that he knows to be Namjoon's favourite, and smiles when he finds them - they're soft, thick flannel, midnight blue, with Ryan the Lion emblazoned all over.  The dark colour makes them stark against the rest of the selection, all in pinks and peaches and baby blues, but Namjoon has a deep affection for them, they're old and fairly worn and Seokjin should probably consider buying him a new pair soon, but for now the fading colour on the cuffs only better illustrates the love they hold.  It's really the equivalent of a child's favourite blanket or teddy bear, an item held for security, and it makes Seokjin smile whenever he sees Namjoon in them. 

Predictably, Namjoon smiles widely and makes grabby hands when he sees the pyjamas being brought out, letting the big fluffy towel drop around his waist and exposing his shoulders to the cold air.  Seokjin smiles in return and quickly sets about remedying the situation, though he pauses once he pulls the towel away and lets it drop onto the floor, returning to the wardrobe and quickly retrieving a diaper from the mostly-full packet underneath the clothes, as well as some cream and powder.  It probably isn't exactly necessary to diaper Namjoon right now - not like when he's sleeping in little space - but Namjoon is clearly young right now, and Seokjin wants to encourage it, if not gently nudge him into regressing even more.  He needs it, Seokjin knows he does, and he also knows that the younger Namjoon regresses right now, the better he'll feel for it later, no matter what shame Seokjin has to soothe out of him.  He'll get him to baby space if he can, though Namjoon usually only regresses that far directly in the face of extreme distress.  If he'd tried earlier, he probably could have managed quite easily, but for now he'll work with Namjoon at whatever age he settles at.  With some extra babying.

"Alright, let's get you dressed up all nice and cosy," Seokjin coos, setting down the diaper atop the folded pyjamas and taking Namjoon in his arms so that he can lie him down on the bed.  Namjoon goes easily, not protesting even though his cheeks flush bright when Seokjin pushes his knees up to his chest.  Seokjin coos again, mostly gibberish, but he abides by Namjoon's discomfort and is quick and methodical as he applies the cream and powder.
"Can you lift your hips a little, princess?" he asks, though still holds most of Namjoon's weight as he slides the diaper underneath him.  It's just better to engage him, particularly when doing something that he doesn't particularly enjoy, otherwise he gets quiet and pouty and moody, like a child being toted around a shopping centre.  Luckily, he still seems to be in an obedient mood, not wriggling or whining as Seokjin carefully tapes the diaper up and presses a kiss just underneath his navel, instead just smiling sweetly at him despite the gradually fading flush still on his cheeks.  Seokjin picks up the pyjama trousers next and unfolds them, lifting Namjoon's legs again so he can get them on while he's still laying down, gently tugging them up his long legs until the waistband is in place and checked carefully to ensure that it's not rolled or uncomfortable. 

Namjoon doesn't try to sit up my himself, instead reaching out and making grabby hands for Seokjin to do the work for him, and it makes warmth and pride bloom in Seokjin's chest.  He takes one of Namjoon's hands and scoops the other gently beneath his back so he's balanced properly as he's gently pulled into a sitting position.  Honestly, Namjoon looks fine just like this, with his cute pyjama trousers on and the waistband of his diaper - patterned with pink tiaras and the like - peeking out just underneath, but Seokjin doesn't want him getting cold or feeling insecure at being in any state of undress.  Even if Jungkook is rarely ever seen wearing a shirt after 7:00 PM, Namjoon can never quite adjust to the same values.  Seokjin unfolds the pyjama shirt and holds it up so he can help Namjoon get each arm in, then drops to his knees with a small 'old man' grunt so he can do all the buttons up, leaving the top two unbuttoned because Namjoon hates tight collars.  In this context, at least - he has a few collars of another kind.

"Are you all cosy, baby?" Seokjin asks, sitting back on his haunches and smiling sweetly up at Namjoon, who nods enthusiastically.  "You wanna go sit in the living room with the others? I'm sure they're all super excited to see Joonie.  Especially Kookie."
At the mention of Jungkook, a slight sadness overtakes Namjoon's face, but before Seokjin can begin to panic about him forcing himself out of headspace, he gives another, more timid nod.  Seokjin breathes a small sigh of relief, glad that the situation didn't upset Namjoon too much and that he's apparently willing to make amends.
"Alright.  Which blankie and stuffies do you wanna bring, Joonie?"
Namjoon picks out a large, fluffy, baby pink and grey blanket, one of his medium-sized Ryan plushies (wearing a black and white striped hoodie), and an ash brown teddy bear that Yoongi had bought him years ago that he still considered one of his favourites.  Seokjin bundles him up in the blanket and ensures both of the stuffies are held securely in Namjoon's arms, before he picks him up and holds him on his hip, one hand under Namjoon's bum.  Namjoon seems anxious and shy the way he usually does when they have to go out while he's in little space, like he's about to interact with scary strangers.  He's ducking his head and trying to hide against Seokjin's shoulder, clutching tightly onto his stuffies, and Seokjin fights the urge to stop and reassure him.  No reassurance will work better than bringing him into the others and proving how happy they'll all be to see him.

---------------------------

woo! okay, first of all, i wanna give a huuuuge thank you to everybody who has supported this fic so far! everybody who left votes and comments, you're all deeply and wildly appreciated!! (especially comments, gotta love comments)
we're getting towards the end of the chunk of this fic i had pre-written, so updates will likely slow down a little now, but this fic is only gonna be short (~10k, if i had to guess, since it was originally meant to be a one-shot but it got too long lmao)
buuuuuut, i am considering making it into a series, if that would be something that people would wanna see? maybe a one-shot book, with this left as an optional 'introduction' to the au, if that makes sense.  and i'd be open to requests of what people wanna see, in terms of specific scenes/events/relationships being elaborated on, so please let me know your opinions! (or start thinking up requests, if you're already raring to go and jump deeper into this au!)
thank you all so much for reading!! i hope you'll stick with this fic/possible future series! ( ' ▽ ' )ノ