1.9

(a brief warning - this chapter contains very brief smutty elements right at the end.)

Yoongi just barely manages not to fall asleep, though he comes close enough that the jolt into awareness as Seokjin sits up and shakes his shoulder is jarring.  He snaps his eyes open and blinks, brows furrowing slightly, so confused by the darkness of the room and the feeling of a warm, comfortable weight in his lap that his first thought is 'Holly?'
It takes several long moments for his half-asleep mind to catch up with the fact that the weight in his lap is decidedly larger than Holly, and even longer for it to remember the events that transpired hours earlier, until he finally comes back to reality and realises that he is no longer alone in his studio, nor back at home with his parents, nor anywhere else that his mind considers more reasonable than the current situation. 

He glances down at Namjoon and smiles softly when he sees him still resting heavily against Yoongi's shoulder like he really is a baby, thumb hanging loosely from his lips, parted so that he can breathe properly.  His breathing always sounds so laboured when he's sleeping, to the point where Seokjin used to often wake him up during the night just to make sure he was okay, but his concern had been soothed eventually by Namjoon's reassurances that he was usually fine - or as fine as he could be - and the fact that waking him while he was little usually only resulted in making him cry.  Now, the sound of his wheezy breathing - occasionally dipping into snoring - only makes the two of them smile fondly, though they still wake him up when the telltale little hiccups and chokes and whines start up as his breathing stops and starts.  Luckily, there's no such sounds right now, and he looks peaceful, though that could most likely be attributed to the fact that he isn't fully asleep. 

"Joonie?" Yoongi whispers, a slight sing-songy lilt to his raspy voice, and he smiles toothily when Namjoon mumbles in response, a garbled noise that sounds vaguely similar to "dada".  The movie had apparently finished a little while ago, and the screen is scrolling through the boring part of the credits that plays after the animated and colourful ones crediting the main cast have finished, with a sweet and bubbly song from the soundtrack playing in the background.  It gives the room a sleepy feel, as does the small amount of light from Seoul far below glowing through the translucent curtains closed over the living room windows, but Yoongi is grateful when Taehyung stands with a quiet grunt and closes the blackout curtains too.  Jimin and Hoseok are already gone, and Taehyung soon walks out too after throwing a 'good night, hyungs' over his shoulder.  He freezes when he gets to the door, and quickly adds 'and Joonie' before he disappears.  Namjoon hadn't heard, thankfully, though Yoongi doubts that it would have affected him even if he did.  He's still mostly asleep, fidgeting slightly and letting out the occasional little whimpering noise in the back of his throat to protest as Yoongi slowly begins to sit up. 

"It's bedtime, baby," Seokjin coos to soothe him, already standing, and he puts his arms out as he meets Yoongi's eyes in a silent offer.  Yoongi gives him a short nod, and Seokjin steps forward to carefully scoop Namjoon up bridal style, taking a second to adjust his grip before he backs up again to give Yoongi the space to stand up and stretch.  Seokjin is clearly as sleepy as Namjoon looks and Yoongi feels, but there is no trace of discontent in his face even as his arms strain just a little with the effort of holding Namjoon up.  He just smiles softly with nothing but love in his gaze, cooing quiet gibberish to try and soothe Namjoon further into sleep as his eyes gradually open a little more.  Namjoon isn't great with sleep, most likely a side effect of stress and his hyperactive mind, and unfortunately it carries over to little space even when his mind is quiet and the closest he can get to stress is trying to remember to say 'please' and 'thank you'.  Trying to get him to sleep while he's little is often nothing short of a nightmare, with him either whining and crying or wriggling and giggling too loudly, and thus it's a precious thing whenever he does manage to drop off to sleep, whether it's because he's stayed up long past his bedtime while in big space and thus slipped, or tired himself out playing by early afternoon.  It means the dorm has a strict rule of carefulness and silence while Namjoon is asleep, and it also means that Seokjin and Yoongi are very used to treating Namjoon like a newborn.