TWO

Dedicated to Kpopbaekhyunlover

Joanne POV

Six years later.

"Home sweet home." I couldn't find myself rather in happiness or peace when I saw the entrance signboard of Haneul Town.
I've never had a good memories of this town.

I was stuttering a lot when I was younger.
At first, I stutters whenever I am nervous, scared or embarrassed.
But it went horrible when I was bullied by a girl named Natasha, who is a daughter of the richest family in Haneul Town.

I am weak back then and there's nothing my family could do to help me.

What we can do when everyone turns blind when an amount of money is offered to them?
Justice is nothing without money just like how lies could turns into reality with money.

Everything turns much worse until one day, my parents decided to move to Seoul.
That's when I started my therapy and talks better.

"Is that you being sarcastic or what?" My mother asked with a low chuckle while driving the car.
Jeremy, my little brother laughed at her words, waddling his feet in excitement while sitting in his car seat.

The 3 years old Jeremy would laugh at anything that my mother said which annoys me most of the time.

"Don't you see my face? I am ecstatic." I scoffed.
I propped my elbow at the window and watched the scenery outside.

"Oh, come on, Jo. You loves this town!" Mom said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Loved is the right word. I don't love this town anymore right after I was bullied by that girl!" I huffed.

"Mom, why don't we moved back here when I finished my high school?" I whined, slightly hoping that she will agree.

"Honey, you know that your Dad is needed in the town. You understand his work, right? He's a detective. He can be transferred anywhere, anytime."

"Plus, it's only for one year, Jo. After that, we'll move back to Seoul." She added.

I sighed in defeat.

Mom watched my facial expression through the rear mirror with a frown.

"By the way, don't you missed the sweet boy? What is his name again? S-Seok Jin?" Mom change the topic. "Yes, I think that's his name!"

I groaned once again and crossed my arms.
Listening to his name didn't brings anything positive to me.

Of course, I remember him as one of my childhood friends.
He's older than me and he has two younger brothers.
He is sweet and caring, yet always boast about himself.

"Your Dad is already at the house. I hope there's not much to fix at the old house."

Mom parked the car right in front of a two storey house, which I once called home.
I squinted my eyes when I see the poor condition of the house.