6. Encounter

2 years later...

Hannah's POV

My life became better without Him.

Imagine,

Two years of no communication between us yet here I am doing fine,

Actually I feel much better.

Its as if a heavy weight that I'd been carrying for a long time has been removed from my shoulders.

Though there's no sense of denying the fact that I felt like dying slowly every day when He left.

But, that's all in the past now. Its something that isn't needed to be unraveled.

Today was a normal just like any other,
Or so I thought...

..........

Nakita ko si Irene na papalapit sa kinatatayuan ko at sabay bulong sa akin ng:

"Hannah, tawag ka sa Principal's office."

What?

"Bakit naman ako ipapatawag sa office ni Mrs. Mendoza, THE Principal."

"Sorry, di ko rin alam eh. Sinabi lang sa akin na tawagin daw kita at papuntahin sa office niya. Hala ka, may ginawa kang kalokohan no?!"

"Ha?! Hindi ah, malinis konsensiya ko."

"Di bale na. Pumunta ka na lang dun at bilisan mo baka pakainin ka ng sermon ni Maam."

"Sige na nga. Bye!"

Naglakad ako papunta sa office ni Missis Mendoza.

Kinakabahan ako sa bawat yapak na ginagawa ko.

Knock...

Knock...

Knock...

"Maam, gusto niyo daw po ako makita?"

"Ah, Ms. Ramirez! Yes I do want to talk to you. Please take a seat ." Sabay baba niya ng telepono na kanina ay may kausap siya.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me Maam?"

I couldn't help but feel anxious at what she might say next.

"You see Hannah, there's a new student here and he has the same schedule as you. So can you please do me a favor and can you give him a tour around the university?"

Say no

Say no

Say no

Say no!!!

"Of course maam! I'm more than willing to do it."

Uugggghhhhh...

"Where will I be meeting him maam?"

"You'll meet him in the hallway. I already showed him his locker so you'll just have to tour him around. Oh, and don't worry the both of you are excused for the whole day"

GREAT!

I was leaving the principal's office and was going to head towards the hallway.

I saw someone there standing and I think is putting stuff in his locker.

The student's face was blocked by the door but I could easily tell it was a guy because of his silhouette.

I walked my way towards him..

"You must be the new student! I'm Hannah Louisse Ramirez, the principal asked me to pick you up here and show you around the univer-"

He stopped any of his movements as soon as I introduced myself. What is wrong with this guy?

"Hey you alr-"

He silenced me to saying anything further by slamming his locker shut as the sound of metal crashing together echoes in the hallway.

There I saw a man who I swore to forget.

The man who became my best friend.

The man who I had wasted my love on.

My eyes met his.

Those eyes that once showed sympathy and care to me before has now diminished into a different sight.

The longer I stare into his eyes I felt like sinking into a deep pool of nothingness.

And as if like magic, the eyes I had been looking through all those years in the past has now returned to stare at mine in return.

He was wearing that same grin I had long recognized from the start.

That smile that once made me feel safe and protected.

That smile that once showed pity on me as if saying:

I hope you understand

And

I'm sorry

The man I had long let go.

Arthur