Go!

For once, she knew her father was right and she hated it. As much as Slade was sincere and willing to help her, she knew it all started because he saw her use her powers. She needed a backup plan in case Slade couldn't be an ally, even if she was 90% sure he would be.

Lying back down on the couch, she started to think.

The next morning.

"What are you thinking about?" Slade asked as Raven ate her cereal. She had been spacing out from time to time, thinking about people she could call on for help.

"Nothing, just school stuff. And also, about last night." She paused and stirred her cereal. "Do you think -"

"About last night," Slade interrupted, "I've a ... change in plans for you."

Her brows were raised in surprise as she looked at him. "What is it?"

"I apologize for not thinking a scenario like last night would happen. I think I'm going to put a hold on your activities for now, and train you till you're able to take on the Justice League yourself."

"If I don't join you for contracts, does it mean I'm free to do whatever I want at night from now on?" She started thinking about the Church of Bloods that she had yet to slaughter.

"Your little project can wait a few months. It's best to stay low profile for now. I wouldn't want you get into a situation where you're fighting Wonder Woman alone."

She was pretty sure she could handle Wonder Woman, but she knew what Slade meant. Alright then. Back to normal schoolgirl me.

Weeks later.

"Whoa there big guy!" yelled Kid Flash as he zipped around Cinder Block in circles, creating a tornado strong enough to lift the cemented oaf high up into the air. "You can't just do that here!"

Cinder Block roared in pain as he crashed back to the ground, creating a large hole on the road. He had been on a destructive rampage that afternoon, and the new protector of Jump City had just finished school in time.

Civilians screamed in fright as the ensuing fight escalated. Kid Flash managed to evacuate the public from the vicinity before returning to handle Cinder Block, but he missed out Raven, who was trying to get back home.

In a rage, it threw a car at her. Stuck in civilian persona and unable to do anything, Raven stood stunned as Kid Flash rescued her from the car, scooping her up and carrying her elsewhere.

"Miss, please be careful," joked Kid Flash as he put her down in front of a cafe. He did a double take when he realized it was Raven, who was still in a daze. "Uh, I uh, gotta go save the city now. Bye!"

It was unreal. When Kid Flash came into contact with her, she could see flashes of his life - school settings, The Flash, Justice League... Strangely enough, his life seemed awfully similar to hers. Out of it all, she felt a familiarity of him with someone she knew.

She had been intending to go to the city library to borrow some books, but decided against it. Turning in the direction of the Wilson Manor, she started thinking about Kid Flash and his recent show of heroics in the city. Jump City having its own hero now? But why, if there wasn't any threat previously in the city?

And also, why did she feel that way from Kid Flash when he held her in his arms? There and then her panic could have unleashed a force to protect her but he was faster than anything she had ever witnessed. She sensed nervousness in a hero who was initially confident and determined to stop a rampaging monster.

How did so much happen in the less than 2 seconds from the time Cinder Block used her as target practice?

"Raven, what are you doing?" Slade peered at the screen as Raven tapped away furiously, scribbling down notes on her notepad.