chapter 4 ~ unexpected visitors

The next day…

I found it hard to sleep last night because all I could think about is him and what he meant and then I kept relating that to me and my life which includes Jamie. Urgently I walk downstairs to make a phone call to Skye it might be early on a Saturday morning but she’ll understand.  While calling I hear a knock on the door and I wonder who it may be I open the door and nobody is there so I decide to walk outside in my pyjamas and try to find theses annoying nock and runners I hear a distant snap of a twig in the woods over the street so I decide to investigate. Walking towards the sound I get grabbed from behind a person’s hand covering my mouth and he says “don’t say a word I’m here to help”. Trying to hold back the scream I wonder who wants to help me.  They then pull me to the ground and we hide behind a tree I turn around to see who it is and I see the familiar blond hair a broad face and mutter “jai?” After a while after protectively staring around he mutters “yes Laura it’s me”.  “wh—atts happening?” “I’m protecting you from them” “who are they?” “People that are dangerous Laura please stop asking questions ill explain later okay we need to get out of here at the moment”. He starts to get up very quietly and picks me up and starts to run at the speed of light out of the woods were answers  were kept and back to my house h places me down in the driveway and I notice the door Is locked and my mums car is gone I cant get back inside.  I sigh and say “ nobody’s home how am I suppose to go in?” he replies “ I have an idea” he picks me up and runs around the side of the house and climbs up a tree to a window I  remember and realize its my window he places me carefully on the tree and opens the window and says “ there you go” I climb n the window and before he starts descending down the tree I said “ where are you going you have some explaining to do” and invite him inside. He obediently climbs inside the window and I sit on my bed he stands in the corner. “Hey jai how did you know my window was open?” “I know a lot of things” “That doesn’t answer my question” “okay I make sure your okay through the night”. Taking a while to adjust to that confession I then reply” what’s it to you?” he sighs and walks over and sits on the bed and replies “I care about you Laura and it’s my job to keep you safe”. “Safe from what, jai?”, “I can’t tell you you’re too young”. “Young I’m young, you’re about my age by the way and you know so why cant I”. He took a while to reply while I mentally comprehend that I need to be protected from someone or something. “In 3 days is your 17th birthday Laura I will tell you then okay meet me at this address and I’ll tell you everything you need to know”. He hands me over a piece of paper from out of know  where like he knew every word I was going  to say and I read it taking in the details and when I lift up my gaze he has disappeared. My only memory of this moment is the paper I hold in my hands.