The Karen Talk

Aaliyah and I watched funny videos on online until Karen and Manny got home. As soon as Karen got home she said hello to Shawn and aaliyah, asked Manny to start dinner and then pulled me to the side again for another talk.
" on Saturday it's mine and Manny anniversary! And his taking me to Paris, but since it's such short notice I don't have a babysitter for Aaliyah and I was wondering if you could do it from Friday to Tuesday since we are getting back late Monday night."
I smiled, " I would be happy too. I hope you and Manny have a great time."
" aww thanks. And Shawn would be here to help you this weekend and I leave a note of rules and some money for you guys. Thank you so much Skylar this means the world to me!"
" no problem I would be happy to babysit Aaliyah anytime for you."

We walked back into the kitchen. Shawn gave his mom and dad a huge hug. Karen and Manny exchanges looks. Finally manny speaks up, " what does he want Karen?"
Aaliyah and I start laughing. Karen says, " I don't know but let's figure it out."
Shawn butts in, " I want something but it's a really tiny thing... I want to go to Alexa lake party this weekend in Ottawa, and before you say no just know that everyone one will be there and I will be safe."
Karen laughed, " no way your going up to Ottawa on your own, and even if you could not this weekend because your dad and I are going to Paris for 3 days and you have to help Skylar  babysit."
His mouth dropped, " what? No? I think Skylar can handle Aaliyah on her own. Please mom and dad please with a cherry on top!"
Before they could say anything I butted in, " Mr. and Mrs. Mendes I know it's not my please to say where and when Shawn can go, but this event seems really import to him and he will be back Sunday, so he could help me babysit Monday then. I can handle Aaliyah on my own and Shawn should go to that lake house party thing." 

Karen looked at me and then at Shawn, " Shawn if you really want to go to this thing this weekend and if Skylar can handle Aaliyah on her own... you may go to Ottawa this weekend, but if your going to use my car I have rules for you."
He nodded up and down about 10 times, " I will follow each and everyone of them! Thank you, thank you all so much!" He hugged his mom, dad and he went to go hug me out of excitement, but he stopped himself before he did.
The next thing I knew manny yelled, " dinner is ready." Karen let me stay for dinner since my mom would be home for another 2 hours.
After dinner Aaliyah was really tired, so I offered if manny and Karen could go put Aaliyah to sleep and after they did that I would clean the dishes and they could go pack for their trip.

While I was cleaning off dirty dishes Shawn came up to me, " thank you so much Sky for convincing my mom to let me go this weekend."
I smiled, " yep And have fun.
He smiled and bit his lip, " you don't know how bad I want to ki-" before he could finish Manny came walking in, " what do you want to do?"
Shawn jumped up, " I want to do dishes right now."
Manny nodded, grabbed a apple and went back up stairs.
I looked over to Shawn, " I'm almost done here if you want to go upstairs and start packing for your trip."
He laughed, " and thank you again!" He ran upstairs. I cleaned off the table and went back to my house and went to bed.