Oh no

* months later* * Summer break*

I was eating some cereal at the kitchen table along with Aaliyah.

" good morning babe!" Shawn says running down the stairs.

I smile, " hey Shawnie."

Mrs Mendes who was leaning against the fridge on her phone, laughed, " you guys are so cute!"

Shawn was embarrassed, " Mom!" She laughed once more.

After Shawn, Aaliyah and I were finishing up breakfast Karen asked Shawn if he could talk to her.

Shawn went upstairs to talk to her and Aaliyah and I were down stairs.

Aaliyah jumped up, " you wanna play some volleyball?" She asked me.
" Sure!" We headed outside and I grabbed the volleyball.

After an hour of playing, we went back inside to grab some water.

Aaliyah and I were drinking some water, when Shawn came down the stairs looking mad, " Karen wants to talk to you Sky."

" umm okay."
I stood up and walked up the stairs.

I notice that Karen was in my room.

" Shawn said you wanted to talk to me?"
" yes." She said smiling
She added, " so Manny and I were planing on going to New York this weekend, just to be with each other. And we were going to leave earlier this morning."

I smiled, " that cool. And Shawn and I will have fun watching Aaliyah." I laughed.

She smiled nervously, " actually I'm dropping Aaliyah off tonight at her friends and she won't be back until Sunday."

" oh. May I ask why?" I asked.
" ummm well do you remember Dylan?"
I was scared, " yes?"
" well his mother died a couple months ago from a car crash, and his dad is trying to take care of him, but he just can't do it anymore. So he is staying with us for a couple weeks."

I was speechless.
She added, " and he will be here in 4 hours."

" wow. 7 pm tonight."
" yes."

I suggested, " he is welcome to have my room, but I want to stay with Aaliyah." I offered

Karen did not like the idea, " it's your room Sky."
I cut her off, " I know and Shawn and I are in a good place and I don't want to ruin that."
Karen smiled and hugged me, " thank you Skylar."

I nodded and went back down stairs.

" Shawn can we talk?"
We walked up the stairs straight into his room.
" what to do you want?" He asked rudely.
" Shawn?"
He did not say anything

" why are you acting so rude?" I finally asked.

He jumped up, " I don't like Dylan! Why don't you get that! You likes you!"

I gave him a hug, " Shawn you have nothing to worry about."
He whispered, " do you like him?"

I sat down on his bed, " Shawn I going to tell you the truth. When I was younger I wanted a boyfriend who was sweet, caring, loveable, Adorable and compassionate and who cared for others, and one who was cute and athletic."

I added, " and when I first saw Dylan I thought of that perfect guy I image in my head when I was younger."

Shawn started tearing up, " why are you telling me this?"

" because Shawn I realised, that perfect guy is you, not Dylan." I kissed him.
" now I have to help you Mom make sure Dylan's room is good and I have to help her with Aaliyah. I'll see you later."