Shootings

I sunk to my knees as one after another the news broadcast more and more murders. Murders by the hands of people who managed to get there hands on a gun. I know I was making a big deal. I didn't even know these people. I didn't know what there lives were like or there personality even. All I knew is that as more and more people died it was coming closer and closer to my time.

  And so I cried. For all the people I don't know. For all the people I will never know. Who knows, these people could have made it big one day. They had loved ones, all waiting for them to come home. All waiting for hours for there husbands, wives, dads, moms, brothers, sisters, even sons and daughters to come home. And then they get a call. One that destroys there life forever.

  One that makes them cry and break down. One that makes them want to do nothing. One that makes them come to the realization that there husbands, wives, dads, moms, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters were either murdered or were the ones doing the murdering. And then, people expect there lives to go on.  Like it never happened. Like they haven't lost a family member. 

It's not the guns that kill people, it's the people. People think heightening gun laws will stop murders. And sure, it will make the gun violence go down but not stop it. As the bodies pile up, through each random act of violence people realize it's getting real. And each defender of gun laws, with the death count getting bigger, may as well have had their own finger on the trigger.