8 ☼ trust me

» The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart. «

✧ Johnny Orlando ✧

Johnny Orlando

My Dad yells at me to stay put, to stay where I am. But I can't.

Within seconds my seatbelt is undone and I'm running wildly towards Mackenzies family, coat flying out behind me. My heart threatens to beat out of my chest.

"Ashley." I yell out, bolting up their driveway. My Dad tries to grab at me to stay back, but I twist away frantically and continue on.

Ashleys eyes meet mine and she bursts into tears when I reach her. I wrap her in a hug, squeezing her tight as she cries into my shoulder. A few of the younger ones grab the bottom of my coat, remembering me from when I stayed at their house once.

"What happened Ash? Where's Kenzie? Are you all safe?" I breathe, pulling back so we can talk and chastely brushing tears off her cheeks.

Her lower lip wobbles. "Mum and Dad..." She cries. "They were shot by a madman. He's in that car." Ashley points to a police car parked on the other end of the street.

"We heard him from upstairs, raving about how he would kill us all. Ria got to the phone, but not in time. Mum and Dad, they... died for us." Jada tells me, face red and puffy from the aftermath of crying.

"Oh my god." My hands start shaking and a lump forms in the back of my throat. "Oh my."

"We're orphans now." Taylor tells me with huge, solemn eyes.

I'm going to vomit.

"Where's Maddie? Shouldn't she be here?" I question frantically.

"She's with Jack." Jada supplies. "On holiday in Australia."

I run my hands through my hair, distressed beyond belief. "And Kenz? Where's Kenz? Please tell me she's okay."

"No one knows." Ashley sobs, sniffing. "She's been gone since mid-afternoon. We all assumed she was with you but... now you're here... she could be missing–"

The twin boys start to cry, loudly, and James clutches onto my coat. "I want Mummy!" He screams.

I swallow back my tears. How the fuck do you explain to a three year old that their Mum is gone, and she's never going to come back?

My Dad crouches down, taking both the twins into his arms while pulling out his cellphone. It had slipped my mind he used to father a young kid. I'm glad one of us can think straight.

"Call Mum. Call Mum and tell her to get here now, please Dad." I choke out in a rush. "They need an adult."

I turn back to the kids, crouching down like my Dad and Ashley have done. Dad cuddles the boys, and Ashley is consoling Ria and Jada.