4: Weak and Delicate Alex

CHAPTER FOUR
Weak and Delicate Alex
•••

The grim reaper is staring at her. He remembered her the most. She is trembling on her knees, but she did not beg for her life despite knowing she was going to die. After all, he didn’t have any choice but to take her.

Thwack!

His scythe strikes at her harder than it strikes at anyone else, resulting in more bloodshed than ever before. As Thanatos ripped her soul out, her lifeless body just silently fell on the cold ground. And the next thing he knows, her soul is already standing right next to him.

"Salamat at binigyan mo ako ng pagkakataon," she said sincerely.

"Death is not a failure but an opportunity," the grim reaper stated, "And I had to do it because there isn’t much time left for you. You did not deserve life. Now, sleep cold and forgotten." He turned and walked away.

Indeed, Thanatos did it because he thinks she did not deserve this life. It would be better for her if she were never born. In fact, she was beaten by her husband every day, humiliated by her parents every time they met, and spit on by people who were supposed to be her friends. Even her own children were treating her like a slave. That’s why he took her. That's why he did it so quickly and cruelly. And now she is on the other side, which is a truly better place for her, while the monsters who treated her worse than an enemy will be burned in the worst hell they can imagine.

•••

Pumunta nga si Alex sa lamay ng ama ng kanyang kaibigan na si Jean. Kasama niya si Hypnos na nagpresentang mag-drive para sa kanya. Than is currently busy, hence Alex had no choice but to have Hypnos as her driver for the day.

She is aware that Hypnos is the god of sleep and the twin brother of the grim reaper, Thanatos. Gayunpaman, hindi man lang siya nakakaramdam ng takot o pangamba dito unlike when she figured out that Than is none other than the grim reaper that everyone is afraid of. She was terrified during that time and, at the same time, mad at him for some reason, knowing she met him while she was having breakdowns. Ngunit huli na ang lahat dahil mas nanaig pa rin ang kakaibang nararamdaman niya para kay Thanatos para ganoon na lamang niya natanggap ito.

Minsan ay natatawa na lamang siya sa kanyang sarili tuwing naaalala niyang boyfriend niya ang nag-iisang grim reaper. She is aware that since this relationship is out of the ordinary, it won't merely be filled with sweetness and love. As a mortal, she will pass away in no time. Hindi niya naman aakalaing mamahalin siya ng nag-iisang Thanatos sa buong buhay niya. Kung iisipin nga, ito pa ang kukuha sa kanya oras na mamamatay na siya. However, she doesn't care because the man who will take her last breath after all is the creature that she loves the most.

"Nag-aalala talaga ako para kay Jean, Alex," ani Kasha na napabuntong-hininga na lamang habang nakatingin sa gawi ni Jean na umiiyak sa harapan ng kabaong ng ama nito. Nandoon din ang bunsong kapatid na lalaki at ang mommy nito sa kanyang tabi na umiiyak din.

Doon naman bumalik sa reyalidad si Alex ngunit hindi siya sumagot. Malalim ang kanyang iniisip. Nagtatalo ang utak niya. Gusto niyang tanungin si Than tungkol dito pero alam na niya ang isasagot nito sa kanya.

"Their fate has already been decided. Never forget that once your time passes, it's really over. No mortal can escape the inevitable. I simply wait patiently with the grandest hourglass in my hand because there is no life after death, no second chance. Once my clock runs out, it's really over. Therefore, make the most of your time on earth so that you will live forever in the memories of others."

Iyon palagi ang isinasagot nito sa kanya. Kahit noon pa man hanggang sa nasanay na siya at napagtantong may rason kung bakit namamatay ang isang tao. Nakabase ito sa sinasabi ni Than sa kanya na hourglass na basehan niya sa magiging oras ng isang tao dito sa mundo.