CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: DREAM

Trial.

It's tomorrow and I am currently up with my earphones blasting music. I bob my head up and down as I go through what I'm going to say when I get up on the stand.

They have Ryder, Hades, Arron, Thaz and even summer going up as a witness for my Where abouts. Mercury's neighbor some guys I don't know will be going up as a witness for mercury.

The only time I get to talk is when I go up on the stand to state my claim.

I stare at the digital clock on my computer. "Two in the morning." A sigh escapes my mouth as I put my head down on the desk.

•••

Dark. Everything is dark.

I can hear the leaves crunch under who Evers feet is behind me. "Lyric I'm sorry!" The fimiliar voice shouts after me as I mindlessly Waltz further into the woods.

Without any control of my body I turn to Asher. He's giving me a confused sad look.

The crickets chirp as the silence fills the air. The smell of oak and the calming night air puts me at peace.

"I'm so sorry baby. You know how I get.." He snakes a hand around my waist and yanks me towards him.

My ribs and bruises sting as his grip tightens.

"You're hurting me!" He scoffs Rolling his eyes. "Just accept my apology."

"No!"

"Then why did you leave with me?"

A tear arises from my eye and I quickly wipe it away before Asher has time to see it. "Because I wanted to hear you out. I heard you. And I still don't accept your apology. It's the same excuse every time!"

He shakes me a little. "It's not my fault Lyric!"

My anger raises and I use all my power to push him.

The leaves dissolve under him as he falls. As does everything else. Now it's just him and I staring each other down.

He looks pissed.

I've never hit him back before.

I was either to scared or to blinded by my own sick emotions.

He tries to scramble to his feet. The sound of the leaves shifting and the crickets chirping surround me but all I see is black and Asher.

He charges at me and I land a Punch right in his face. "I hate you!" I scream as he falls to the ground again.

He tries to get up but I sit on top of him. "I hate you!" I say agin, feeling the flood of tears drain out of my eyes.

The black is quickly replaced with red and like I rehearsed it I reach over and grab a big rock from off of the ground.

I swing my arm in the air then land it down on his face. He grunts out in pain, trying to get me off of him.

"I hate you!" I say agin, my voice growing hoarse. I hit his face with the rock again.

And again.

And again.

Till all I see is red and his disoriented face.

Arms wrap around me protectively, pulling me into their chest. Mercury's hands comb through my hair as I sob into his chest.

"I think he's dead." I say through my sob.

"I'll take care of everything."

•••

I sit up letting out a gasp of air, as if I hadn't breathed in a while. Mercury is by my side giving me a worried look. Sweat drips off of my forehead and I feel like I've spent three days in a sauna.

"Lyric, Lyric! Calm down. Are you ok?" He puts a gentle hand on my back.

I breath in and out slowly as I start to remember my dream. My eyes look into Mercury's with bewilderment. "Did I kill Asher?"

Mercury's eyes drop from mine and I immediately know the answer. "Tell me everything!" I say angrily, shoving off my earphones.

How could he lie to me?

How could he risk his own future, and spend half of his life in jail for me?

How could he?

"What do you remember up to?"

"Y-you told me...you would handle everything."

He digs in his pocket tightening his jaw. "You passed out and i handled everything."

"When did this happen?"

"The day after you came back from the hospital. You somehow left the house without anyone knowing and I went out to find you." He looks up showing a fake smile, then a frown. "Well I found you."

I slam an angry hand onto my desk. "You were going to take the fall for me?!" I yell.

"Lower your voice."

"Why?!" I yell, ignoring his advise.

"Does it matter?" He shrugs.

"Yes it matters!"

Mercury slips his hand over my mouth. "Hush. Everyone is asleep."

I shove his hand away from my face and turn around in my seat.

God I really hate tears. I think as I wipe one away.

Another thing to add to my list of fucked up things Lyric did.

"You shouldn't have to suffer for this." I mummer turning back around to face him once my tears were gone. "I'm still involved whether you like it or not. I touched the body. I exposed of the body."

"And that's still my fault." My voice cracks and my face balls up as I try to hold back a cry.

"Stop. Just calm down." He says wiping away my tear.

"When I Go to trial I'm going to plead guilty. I will come clean." I gulp.

"No you won't. I'm serious Lyric. Don't do that." Mercury shakes my shoulders.

"Get off of me." I stand up from my desk and sit on my bed.

"If you do. I will hate you." He says before walking out.

_________________________________ golly that's a lot of drama😂💀

pimp slap the fuck out of that star if you want me to continue to update.

Sorry for the short chapter.