CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: LIBRARY

Jail isn't that bad when you have a prison guard hook up.

It's been another fucking week and still nothing but the same shit everyday. I either get in a fight or it's another boring prison day. Don't get me wrong, I can do this for 10 years, no problem.

But the thing is.....I don't want to.

It's boring and frankly changing me, and not in a good way. My attitude grows worse and I'm not exactly as nice as I used to be.

"Do you suck your mothers dick with those lips?" I ask chewing gum Dylan snuck me. It taste like cotton candy and it reminds me of Mercury.

Speaking of, I'm going to rip his tits off.

"Ok, I'm sorry i shouldn't have said that but you are in my way."

"bitch, there is room for your boney ass to move through."

She whimpers, knowing my reputation already and moves through. Somehow I hate myself more than I did before. I've become short tempered and a person people fear.

I officially give up on Mercury. Stupid, I feel stupid because I wasted most of my calls trying to at least hear his voice but he never picks up.

So I give up.

Dylan grabs my arm and tilts head head towards mine, which makes me a bit uncomfortable.

"Calm down on the other inmates." He chuckles as I set my tray down on the cafeteria table.

"Aren't you going to blow your cover or something being this close?"

He stands up maintaining his striking smile. "No, I'm on lunch duty today." My eyebrows shoot up as I stare at the food I'm absolutely not going to eat. "Interesting. So you can get me a hunny bun right?"

He chuckles shaking his head. "You know you can get yourself a hunny bun right?"

"Yeah but I can't get the big ones covered in icing." A long sigh comes out of his mouth. "Ok, but you already know not to tell anyone."

"Do I look like a snitch?"

"Well you ratted yourself out......." he trailed off obviously joking.

I look around the cafeteria and punched him in the gut once I noticed no one was looking. "Shut up."

He runs his hand through his blond hair trying to play off the pain. His face is red and he's holding in a grunt. I snicker throwing away my untouched food. "Just drop off my hunny bun at my cell."

"Anything for you." He winks, in a strained voice.

"Sure ok Dylan." I say putting extra emphasis on his name.

"I want to get to know you more." He says following me out of the cafeteria.

"Nothing more to know than that I'm a criminal. I mean look at me." I wave my hand up and down my orange jump suit with my serial number on the right side and the imprint INMATE on the back.

"You're not a criminal." He says pushing me lightly. "You're cute." He says smiling at the ground as we walk.

I give him a slight smile. "I'm not cute," pause. "I'm sexy."

I walk into my cell feeling overly confident. "Yeah." He whispers to himself as he walks away.

Dylan's feelings for me are a little too obvious. What he doesn't realize is that I'm only 17 and that this could possibly send him to jail. I'm pretty sure prison guards aren't supposed to even look at prisoners a certain way.  Yet have a crush on them.

A buzz emmits from down the hall and a rush of prisoners pile into their cells. The guards look more spoked than usual, their hands on their weapons. "GET ON THE GROUND WITH YOUR HANDS ON TOP OF YOUR HEADS!" A guard yells banging on each cell.

Everyone does as they are told and silence falls apon the halls. I spot Dylan's black combat boots in front of my cell. He's talking to another guard in a hushed whisper.

"What's going on?" Dylan asks. 

"A prison escape." The other responds eyeing me.

I turn the other way as if Im not listening. Static from the other guards walkie-talkie buzzes. "All clear." A voice says from the walkie-talkie.

"Ok! Back to what you were doing." I rise up for the dirty floor feeling pretty disgusting.

"Are you ok?" Dylan asks. I open my mouth to say something when someone answers for me.

"She's fine. Why should you care?" The guard gives him a perplexed look. "Just making sure." Dylan says avoiding my eyes.

"Ok...." the guard didn't look like he bought it at all.

***

"I need to talk to you." Dylan whispers in my ear as I watch the other girls lift wights in the prison yard. Others are either talking or discussing their gang business, which is pretty pointless to me.

"For what?" My ass is sitting comfortably on the bench and the last thing I want to do is to go back in that stuffy prison.

"To talk."

I sigh, tolling my eyes. "This better be good, bryers." I stand up and follow him inside.

Most of the guards are either outside or inside watching on the inmates that decided to wallow in their cells. The halls were empty and he pulls me into the first room he can find.

The prison library.

As much time as I have to kill, youd think this was the first place I'd be in, I still have yet to even glance in here. The fresh smell of old books covers and pages explores my nose and I instantly fall in love. I'm not one to read book but I do love the aesthetic of it all.
For a jail library it's clean and organized.

Dylan quickly wraps his hand around my waist, catching me off guard, and uses his other hand to trap me against the wall.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask my voice slightly higher. Our proximity is making me nervous.

Out of the corner of my eye I see mercurys narrowed eyes as he leans on one of the library tables. "Jeez it's only been three weeks." He mocks.

"Shut up imaginary Mercury!" I shout under my breath.

"What?" Dylan asks. I press my hand to his chest, pushing him away. "I said, whatcha doing." I play it off.

"I want to kiss you." He says running his hands through his hair.

"About that.....I'm only seventeen." He shrugs shaking his head a little.

"I'm nineteen." I gape my mouth open. "You are young as hell for a prison guard."

He Traps me against the wall again and leans in. My eyes widen and I panic as his lips almost touch mine.

In time I duck under his arm and his eyes open when he realizes I'm not there anymore.

"Sorry, I sort of.......have a ........Mercury?" Honestly don't know what to call what we have and I'm not ready to give up on him.

"What the fuck is a Mercury? Like the planet?"

"No he's a person......"

He shifts his body so that he's leaning on the wall. "But I haven't seen this Mercury visit you yet." He scoffs.

A weary smile shimmering on my face. "He's been....busy...." I say, unsure myself.

"Whatever you say." Dylan say dragging his finger along my jawline.

He disappears leaving me in the library.

God, I miss Mercury.

_____________________________________________________________ YALL FINNA BE SHOOK NEXT CHAPTER

BY THE WAY I WANT YOU TO BITVH SLAP THE FUCK OUT OF THAT STAR CAUSE ITS BEEN BULLYING ME LATELY......