CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: HOTEL

Mercury swings open the beige hotel door and holds it open for me.

The first thing I notice as I walk in, is the one bed in the middle of the small room. Next I notice the aroma. It doesn't exactly smell clean and it doesn't exactly smell dirty. However I can't be picky anymore.

To make matters worse all I did was drag mercury in it with me. I enter and take a seat on the bed.

We changed our clothes at a gas station and now we are miles away from my home.

Miles away from his home.

Mercury walk in after me and closes the door, locking it too. "What are we going to do." I sigh running my hands through my hair as mercury sets a suitcase down by the little hotel television.

"Have you ever seen a movie? Just change our names and faces." I roll my eyes at his sarcasm.

"But I like your face." He sighs at that and takes a seat by me, staring into blank space. I stare at the bags under his eyes followed by the dark circles around them.

Makes him look hotter but makes me feel more guilty.

"You haven't been getting sleep?"

He snaps out of his day dream to look at me. "Sleep." He hums to himself. "I couldn't sleep, even when you weren't in jail."

"Why?"

He narrows his eyes and stares back into blank space. "Doesn't matter."

"It does."

"Just drop it, ok?"

My eyebrows scrunch together, noticing his irritation. "Sometimes it feels like I don't really know you." I say sheepishly.

He stands up quickly. "Then continue not to fucking know me, Lyric." My eyes widen a little as he stomps into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

"Ok..." I say to myself. I would take a walk but that's 'how to get caught after a prison break 101'.

I slowly get up and make my way over to the bathroom door. I press my ear to the door and hear silence. Slightly, I knock twice. There is a long while before the door cracks open a little bit and he sticks his head out.

He looks more irritated than usual.

"Can you not block me out." I exclaim, throwing my arms about. He rolls his eyes and closes the door.

"Well!" I scoff and knock again.

He pokes his head out again. "Can you stop acting childish?! Either way I'm going to find out." He furrows his eyebrows and deepens his frown, which is not a face you want him to give you.

It's scary.

"Yeah?! And how would you?! Huh?!"

"Cause I'm going to be around you a fucking lot, dummy." I flick him in the head and he squeezes his eyes shut.

"Don't flick me." He returns the favor and flicks me in the middle of my head.

"Mercury, I swear to god.." I trail off getting irritated myself.

"What? Do something about it."

"What?"

"I flicked you back and if you have a problem with it then do something about it."

I cross my arms over my chest. "Open the door all the way then."

He flings the door all the way open and steps away from the opening. I walk in and see him standing by the shower. "What are you going to do?" He asks crossing his arms. "Hit me?"