Epilogue

Epilogue

two months later

Windy had a small funeral. There were only four people who attended, one of them being her caretaker, Glenda. She barely made it a week in Prison. After her court trial, they had condemned her to twenty years, and she had accepted it. But frankly, Prison had too many germs for a sick person, and she died eight days later from the cancer that had finally stopped her heavy heart.

Piper lived on her own in a small home paid for by her restitution money, and finally finished school before applying for college to major in law enforcement. She attended the funeral along with Detective Reynolds and his new girlfriend, Charlotte Mcnabb. She liked them as a couple, though she knew who would be winning all the arguments in their relationship. Once a month, she would visit Tyler in Prison, who had been called a "model prisoner" and would probably get out in a few years or so.

To be honest, Piper hadn't been exactly sure about attending the funeral. It was Charlotte, of course, who talked her into it. She bought a lot of flowers, knowing Windy's love for growing things. She cried. She was never able to say goodbye, never able to forgive her. She hadn't want to. Why hadn't she wanted to?

Windy was cremated. They found a beautiful spot where all the gorgeous plants were growing and spread her ashes across the vegetation. They made their own memory of her and placed it in front of the forested area by the side of the road. On it, it read:

Windy Cox was a caring, courageous woman.

Even when she was sick, she always thought of others,

and carried that burden to her grave.